First drop ever (Advise Needed Please)

micronp450

Registered
Welp, it finally happened and my heart is broken.  I dropped it going about 1 (one) MPH.  My front tire ran over a medium sized rock which led to it kicking out to the right and the left side of the bike slowly met with the pavement.  Since I have absolutely no experience with this sort of stuff I am relying on you guys to give me some advise.  Of course I want to keep this as cheap as possible but want it to come out just like before.  As you will see in the pictures the stator cover, left side fairing, tail, and very ssmall part of the nose which I can live with.  Do I buy these pieces new?  If so how much do you think it will run me.  Or can I take it to a body shop?

Thanks guys...

718080275.jpg

718071474.jpg

718052920.jpg

awesome.. nice colors:). same as mine..

my advice.. if you think you are still learning.. cornering.. etc.. then dont replace yet. since it is just cosmetic.. and sorry, but it might happen again..

if you feel like you mastered it... then replace what really bothers you.. see if any of it my be buffed (at least helps).. the stator cover.. maybe some high temp paint?
just remember if the oil if you remove it.

i roughed up my fairing worse than yours and sold it on ebay for $100.. i bought mine new from midwestactioncycles for about $380..

other stuff (compatible with your regardless of color) you might find on "pay it forward" thread in random thoughts.. i think some people may have handle bars.. etc..

good luck.

by the way.. what about your insurance?

It sucks man...I know. Dropped mine last June...and at a much higher speed. Just replace the panels with new IMO. The side fairing is about 450 or so from Suzuki. The stator cover, however, you might be able to find on the board. Heck, might be able to find both on here. I can't see the damage to the tail...

In any event...I feel your pain dude! I got most of my parts here, from members. Muffler, midpipe, mirror and front lenses. The plastic is still rashed, but I'm getting new replacements soon.

get a polishing compound with some "cut" in it. i'd try fine-med cut. get yourself a buffer or buffing pad you can attach to your drill. keep moving when buffing so you dont "burn" the paint. should smoooth most of it out. then use a glaze with a different buffing pad to make it all shine. touch up the paint on the cover with some high heat paint and you're good to go. any questions just pm me [anyone]. i'm thinkin now that i'll post some pics and a how to. about to move so bare with me. i'll post a how to soon. but i'll help anyway i can for now.

I'll have a clutch lever in a couple days.  TYD  $0.  PM me.  Sorry bout your tip over.  Sliders when you get her right.
Stock pipe if ya need it too.

<!--EDIT|hbr-06busa
Reason for Edit: "add pipe"|1136769190 -->

sliders ya....you can get them for the frame(drill an' no-drill) , the bar ends, and the swing arm (spool/slider combo)

this depends on how a n a l you are...me, I couldn't stand scratches on any of my bikes. I would look at a nick everytime I was in the shop. My eyes were drawn to it like a magnet.

I'd have to replace or repair properly. That motor cover(maybe time for a stronger cooler lookin' 1 w/ a kanji) they can prevent crank damage in a severe drop....

sorry for your loss,I'll get some god fearin' bastid to pray.
tounge.gif

So sorry to hear! I dropped mine turning around - "0" speed!!! I have a scratched right cowling. Happens to the best of us.

I will probably put it up on E-bay or maybe somone on the site could use it.

Did the same thing with my first busa.. Sorry to hear..

I can get some great prices for ya on the fairings. I dropped mine the first month I had it and got it fixed right away and installed some sliders as well. Doesn't look too bad. I think I got the oem stator cover from ebay for 20 bucks and installed it myself.

Back