First close call

BigmanZ

Registered
So, the constant rain has really been annoying the heck out of me. I get my MSF course done, get a bike...and nothing but lousy weather. Well a nice day finally came so I decided I wasn't going to let it goto waste. Hoped on the bike and took it out for a spin on the back roads around my house.
Now I know you all said there is a time and place for everything and that no matter how safe of a driver you want to be sooner or later you'll want to push the bike just a little.
Well I caved.
We have a long straight road that goes up behind one of the schools near my house. Nice long stretch that basically only has traffic entering it on one side. So I decided I wanted to see how fast I could excelerate. With traffic only coming from one direction, it was probably my safest bet. So I drove up and down the road about 3 or 4 times to make sure no branches were in the roadway from the wind storm we had earlier, also wanted to make sure there were no pot holes, or anything for that matter that would pose a problem for me in the roadway. Long story short there were no cars, no people, no debree in the roads, and everything was clean and dry. Awesome.
So I cranked her up and barreled down the road, mainly focusing on smooth shifting and also keeping an eye on the left side of the road where traffic could pull infront of me. Now halfway down the road it humps up into a slight hill and line of sight basically is gone, so I figured that would be my stopping point as what ever was happening on the other side of that hill was unknown to me until I was over it. So just as I'm about to let up on the throttle, a car comes over the hill heading in the other direction. "No problem" I thought, "it's on the other side of the road, might get hit with a wind blast-...oh hey, that looks like a light bar on the top of that there car..oh s
AAAssjani.gif
t." At that point I looked down at my speedometer and realized that where I thought I was going maybe 40-50, I actually was traveling at about 90 mph, in what was technically still a school zone. So as I blurred by the Sheriff's Deputy and over the hill...I decided that maybe it was time to slow down, possibly turn into one of the neighborhoods, and basically run like hell and hope he didn't see how fast I was going. Sadly though, as I was back tracking through the neighborhoods in the direction I had come from, I saw the same deputy flying down what was previously my drag strip with his lights and siren on. Needless to say I decided to call it quits for the day and write the day off as me being very lucky. I think that was somebody from above trying to hint at me not to pull that crap again.

(BigmanZ @ Dec. 26 2006,22:57) Needless to say I decided to call it quits for the day and write the day off as me being very lucky. I think that was somebody from above trying to hint at me not to pull that crap again.
i think that may be a safe assumption
laugh.gif
glad that was all it was and no one got hurt...be careful out there
beerchug.gif

Ya, I just can't believe that the ONLY vehicle I encountered the entire day was that Sheriff's car and it had to be when I decided to punch it. This also in an area that usually see's a patrol car out and about once a month. And here I figured that road was perfect for such...if I lost it and went to the left, I had asphalt then lots of nice sand possibly a mailbox or two...and if I lost it to the right I had yards apon yards of blackberry bushes to catch me and my bike! Now I'm willing to bet there will be multiple speed traps set up, just waiting for me.
sad.gif

yikes. I hate it when that happens. glad that nothing else happened. Sounds like that would have been a major deal if the fuzz would have got ya. yer lucky.
SHOCKED.gif

Look at it this way, that sheriff was sent to keep you from making a bigger mistake.

There will be another day, but I would find a new road.

Oh and buy a lotto ticket.
beerchug.gif

you made a wise choice. fate would have it the only car was the police. that is your sign to go home and put the beast to bed.

Very fortunate, good thinkin' checking out the road for hazards before punching it, I'll give ya that...

That Busa really gets up underneath ya without much push, don't it?!!
super.gif

You don't get too many free ones like that, though. Count your lucky stars and give it some time before you do it again. That sheriff will likely trap some other biker and either believe he caught the bastid or think he has hit a goldmine. I'd pretty much stay offa that road for a good long time!

--Wag--

P.S. I concur. Buy a lotto ticket!
beerchug.gif

Had a similar experinence on mine. It was easy to take advantage of the cop needing turn around time. In those few seconds you can wind it on and get some distance between you. I cut through neighborhoods and watched him hauling ass looking for me. Parked it in the garage for 2 days after that.

Get a good radar detector, and that will take some of the guess work out of hoping you don't encounter a LEO. You're lucky.

*pull drawers out of azz* LOL you'll get that sometimes. There will be more times like that
beerchug.gif
Busa is a hard thing to ignore or keep under wraps

I have to agree with some that the fuzz did you a favor. I looked at it that way the last couple of times I got my speeding ticket on my busa. 'Maybe something WAY worst was waiting for me a couple of seconds to minutes ahead of me. $$$ ticket? It hurts my wallet, but better than having that alternative'.

Here's a real life story from my mom about her friend's son: A real good worker, but usually leaves on time at 5pm from work. One day he decided to stay for about 10-15 minutes longer than usual to get some work wrapped up. Took the usual route home. He didn't make it home to his wife and toddler baby. Though in a cage, he was in accident that was no fault to him (wife was sueing the insurance + other driver).

You have to look at it that way my bro. If this poor soul would've left on time, or gotten pulled over for a ticket... He would've made it home to HOT or COLD dinner that his wife cooked.

My first ticket I was pissed! My second ticket, I sincerely smiled at the fuzz and THANKED him!

You got lucky...I would pick a safer spot. School Zones aren't a
cool.gif
place to be doing speed runs
AAAssjani.gif

(BigmanZ @ Dec. 26 2006,23:13) Ya, I just can't believe that the ONLY vehicle I encountered the entire day was that Sheriff's car and it had to be when I decided to punch it. This also in an area that usually see's a patrol car out and about once a month.
I had one of those days last year. Not so lucky though. Good thing I have a good lawyer.

Glad all turned out ok....I have to say it's hard to resist sampling the power of the fastest production bike in the world. Be safe and pick you "cut loose" spots carefully. wouldn't hurt to have a good lawyer on retainer like busawhipped either.
smile.gif

SNO-HO Deputies seem to have a way of sneaking up on ya..  
SHOCKED.gif
 Just be glad it wasnt Lynnwood PD...
crazy.gif
 They would nab you just on principal..
guns.gif

Back