First Busa!

IGOOZ

Registered
Hello everyone!
I am 99.5% sure that I will be buying a new leftover '08 or '09 Hayabua this week. I have been riding since '76, and mostly on BMWs (about 300K+ miles) usually long multi-day trips. (of course my wife is worried about me getting a "fast" bike...) But I just sold my 2005 R1200ST and since I don't have as much time as I used to, I have picked the Busa for my sport-touring bike (shorter trips, more fun?). I am 5'5" and will need to lower the front/back 1" and install Heli-bars. Anyone has experience with this change on the '08 Busa please? I may have to soften the suspension also for touring...any experience here? THANKS AGAIN.

Hello everyone!
I am 99.5% sure that I will be buying a new leftover '08 or '09 Hayabua this week. I have been riding since '76, and mostly on BMWs (about 300K+ miles) usually long multi-day trips. (of course my wife is worried about me getting a "fast" bike...) But I just sold my 2005 R1200ST and since I don't have as much time as I used to, I have picked the Busa for my sport-touring bike (shorter trips, more fun?). I am 5'5" and will need to lower the front/back 1" and install Heli-bars. Anyone has experience with this change on the '08 Busa please? I may have to soften the suspension also for touring...any experience here? THANKS AGAIN.

:welcome: to the org. sorry, no advice on heli bars, but am curious myself. You will love this bike!

Sorry can't help with your question, but :welcome: to the forum, someone will be sure to answers your questions soon :thumbsup:

:welcome: to the oRg. Everything you need is here. Suspension, lowering, helibars, everything. Search is your friend. Most of these are pinned and have close to if not full instructions with pictures, videos, power point presentations :thumbsup:

Back