first busa........ wow theres lots of us first time owners lol

card16969

Registered
Well i just bought my first bike in 4 years, last bike was a gixxer 1000 so figured since im a big guy might as well as buy a busa so i dont look like a bear riding a tricycle lol. I picked up a 03 busa completely stock with 10k miles on it for 5700 so figured i couldnt complain other than i had to drive 6 hours to lafayette in from flint michigan to pick it up lol. It came with a set of corbin hard bags and rear seat with backrest and a corbin gel seat, stock front seat and no ho, and a bra on it. Needless to say bags and rear seat came off, stock seat and no ho went on and the bags and gel seat are sitting in my shop until its time to go on a road trip. The original owner was 54 years old and laid it over in a parking lot and broke the right side plastics and dented the radiator and the second owner laid it over on the opposite side and scuffed the stator cover, so he replaced all the plastics with oem plastics and had all the maintenance done by the dealership and i have all the records. Ive got to swap out the radiator (it seems to flow fine and doesnt run hot) and do a tuneup so ive got to ask does anybody have any recomendations on oil according to previous owner its always had synthetic and anybody got anything against running iridium plugs...

here it was as the previous owner had it
207945_10150556794430383_502155382_18091236_4687119_n.jpg

207925_10150556794695383_502155382_18091243_590792_n.jpg

and here it is as it sits now, ive put on almost 500 miles since saturday morning
IMAG0096.jpg

congrats and welcome. do a quick search on OIL, been discussed a lot already. But since you're new :), I run Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W40 (also have lots of Amsoil fans here).

congrats and welcome. do a quick search on OIL, been discussed a lot already. But since you're new :), I run Mobil 1 Racing 4T 10W40 (also have lots of Amsoil fans here).

thanks thats what i figured, was more wondering what ppl ran and whats their opinions, most of the oil stuff i found was non synthetic vs synthetic but thank you

Good looking bike, welcome to the oRg. If you replace the plugs, go back with oem, no real reason to change them with a stock engine. Its ok to ask about oil, just dont ask about tires. :laugh: J/K bro, again welcome, glad you found us. :welcome:

Welcome to the board!

Iridium plugs and Mobil 1 4T 10w-40 :thumbsup:
Posted via Mobile Device

:welcome: nice looking bike and should you ever consider parting with that rearseat and backrest let me know.

Welcome and congrats, you are going to have tons of fun!! Be safe and oh....iridium plugs and Amsoil here!!

Back