First Busa..first impression.

Quicker Gixxer

Registered
I finally got my bike yesterday. I rode it up the street and back but then had to go to work, so today was my first chance to really check it out. All I can say is "Wow". Now I see why it has such a following of dedicated sportbike enthusiasts. The first thing I noticed was the shifting...it's as smooth as butter. It's obviously more comfortable than my ZX10...and the suspension is amazing...it flows over rougher spots in the road rather than rattling my teeth out. As for the power...another wow. I didn't really get into it too often...but when I opened it up it was ridiculous. I was even lucky enough to find a car on the highway that must have thought he was fast. I'm sure I left him thinking" Well..that didn't work out so good"..lol It handled better in turns than I thought it would..so that's a big plus. If anything I was the one holding it back as I felt very comfortable with the lines it took naturally under mild acceleration. The last thing is the torque... I've heard it come up now and then on this or other sites and always thought "What's the big deal?"..lol I love it! It's like nothing I've ever ridden..I feel like I can go anywhere in 3rd or 4th. No more constant shifting to stay in the happy place. I'll probably get a gear indicator though as a safety precaution. I'm used to dropping a couple gears when I want to really hit it and I wouldn't want to do that in 3rd...lol

Congrats... you just can't explain it to someone.. just one of those things you have to do.

Congrats Bro.

I must applaud your:

Sense of duty.
Mature thought process.
Commitment to your employer.

You mentioned your first ride was only up and down the street because of a work commitment.

Rubb would have....

Called in SICK. :laugh:

You have amazing willpower. :bowdown:

RSD.

...and now for the 'Standard Thread Response"...

:worthless:

:rulez8bn:

Now post some pics...or I will. :smileyexhibit:

Even you dont have the willpower or the stomach to ignore that threat.:laugh:

RSD.

One of the many joys of the Busa... you don't have to rev it to go fast. The mid range is plenty strong for the twisties when you need to straighten out the turn.

Congrats Bro.

I must applaud your:

Sense of duty.
Mature thought process.
Commitment to your employer.

You mentioned your first ride was only up and down the street because of a work commitment.

Rubb would have....

Called in SICK. :laugh:

You have amazing willpower. :bowdown:

RSD.
[/QUOTE

Don't think calling in didn't cross my mind ..:whistle:

...and now for the 'Standard Thread Response"...

:worthless:

:rulez8bn:

I only took one since I got it...of it being delivered off the truck. I was standing there like an expectant father. :laugh: Its on my phone..but here are a couple from my gallery.

busa-11.jpg

busa-06.jpg

busa-09.jpg

Welcome to the world of hayabusa,

I looked at them for a few years thinking mmm could I handle the weight & power, never rode one as it was just a far to scary thought until 3 months ago, rode a Gen 2 at a dealers and thought now this is not what I was expecting quite timid really if ridden sensibly!

So I went home to decide over the weekend and when I rang the dealer (Not a Suzuki Dealer) to say yes I would have it was told it was sold.
Ggrrrrr

So I rang my nearest Suzuki Dealer to enquire about a brand new one, to cut a long story short the only one in stock was the Yellow Limited Edition.

Which has now been mine for just over a month and I don't think I want anything else !

Enjoy the experience, talking with everyone about it and most importantly get used to her.

Dr Rob

Welcome to the world of hayabusa,

I looked at them for a few years thinking mmm could I handle the weight & power, never rode one as it was just a far to scary thought until 3 months ago, rode a Gen 2 at a dealers and thought now this is not what I was expecting quite timid really if ridden sensibly!

So I went home to decide over the weekend and when I rang the dealer (Not a Suzuki Dealer) to say yes I would have it was told it was sold.
Ggrrrrr

So I rang my nearest Suzuki Dealer to enquire about a brand new one, to cut a long story short the only one in stock was the Yellow Limited Edition.

Which has now been mine for just over a month and I don't think I want anything else !

Enjoy the experience, talking with everyone about it and most importantly get used to her.

Dr Rob

It sounds like you came out on top...the yellow bike is gorgeous. I nearly bought 2 others before finding this one. The first was a good looking 08 with lots of chrome, stretched, custom paint...lots of goodies but no motor work. I actually paid the $500 deposit but then changed my mind...I got a bad feeling after talking to the guy. I suspect it had been ragged out and the mileage was high. The deposit was non-refundable..GRRRR. Then I found another nice 08...it was very clean, low miles, with a few nice mods. This auction had already ended and I contacted the guy and he still had it. I bought a plane ticket and was all set to fly there and ride it back. Well...I saw this one come up on ebay and thought "Damn...there's a chance I could get this if nobody bids it up". So I watched that auction like a hawk...and at the last second put in my bid..(which was the starting price on a no reserve auction) and I won. I was able to get my money back on the ticket..and the guy was real cool..he understood it was a great deal. He put his back up on ebay and actually got more than I could have had it for...so it all worked out well in the end :) I ended up with a 200hp beauty with under 3000 miles...so I'm VERY happy.

Back