First attempt at a Go Pro video. My busa vs s1000r

The bike does hold its own pretty well till it sees that german POS lol[

You made me break out a chuckle with that,thanks I needed a good laugh today:thumbsup:

Ghost-Geezer on the other forum just did a head/cam on his Gen2. Made good numbers. He is very happy with it. Id still opt for a 1441 with a good head/cams. It literally transforms the bike into a S1K killer. ;)

My thought's:
the race ended before it even started, there is no substitute for cubic inches and if you equally modified both bikes the Bimmer has no chance. The Busa will walk away all day and every day when it comes to top speed! The bimmer is a different idea it produces massive heat in daily riding and is in absolutely in no way shape or form as stable as a busa at 180 plus mph!
To me what makes the Busa so incredibly perfect is that you can strip it down and make it a canyon blaster, or stretch it out and make a fricken dead nutz lazer beam in the 1/4 mile! It's a happy medium for the regular guy. At 180 mph plus speeds I would rather be on a busa! But don't get me wrong I'm not bashing the Bimmer, It's a beautiful machine. But it's not a hayabusa! in any way shape or form.

Bobby you are correct there is no replacement for displacement except lighter weight. As far as putting out heat I have to say that my bike puts out more heat than any other bike I have ever owned. Not saying that the BMW does not put out more IDK, but the heat blowing between the Frame and fairings have kept me warm many cool mornings on my way to work.

That being said the busa is still my bike of choice, it does everything I need it to do better than I can do it so I have no need for a different sport bike.

Great video, it was a good race. Those S1000rr are some fast bikes we are talking about BMW here. The Busa as many other members said is a better all around bike for what we choose to do with them be it drag, canyons, track, or just street. Be safe out there.

Back