Registered
went to the 1/8 for the first time last night

r .0260
60 1.7138
330 4.3939
594 6.1820
et 6.5848
mph 111

bike is lowered brocks air box lid and that is all want to know how you guys are getting it down on a 1/8 in a busa the 1000's was giving me hell

Those are good numbers for the first time out,after you make several(alot)more passes you'll get better at your launch. Around the low 1.50's,that'll shave 2 tenths off your overall time and bring your MPH up 7-12. Keep trying, remember your busa is about 100 lbs.more that a 1000. Repetitions will create better reactions,after awhile your reaction time will also drop, cutting more time which can be a major factor if your bracket racing. Good Luck
beerchug.gif

GOOD AS i DID LAST NIGHT WAS 6.50 SO DONT KNOW

Mabe short time.  What kind of tire you have?

Lota guys run shinko there cheap+they hook.

I just went to the shinko slick first couple runs were 1.60---1.58  bogging little really hooks up.

THEY HAVE
SHINKO STREET
ULTRA SOFT STREET
SHINKO SLICK SAME TIRE SIZE+ SPECS NO TREAD

I would expect a 1.8 from first timers. You are already ahead of the game. It takes many guys a few more passes and experience just to get the 1.7's. There is so much your not telling us like tire, air pressure, etc.

As far as the 1000's well just because someone is on a Busa does not make them the winner in a drag race. More of an in general statement, not directed to you specifically. You have to work at it to beat the other guy, so don't be surprised if (and when) a smaller bike wins.

i run a shinko ultra soft with 18 psi put the front tire up to 40 psi to try to help with drag but im at stock length and stock gears and im 5'9 and 230. im goona get my 60 to a constient time every time then i will cahnge the front sprocket to a 16 tooth just want the bike to get into the 6.30 so i can bracket race and dial in at a 6.60 for the bar bikes with the delay boxes

your not going to get much better than what you are running without adding lenth.
You'll see that as soon as you start to leave like a man the front tire will start to rise up.
Also stock gearing sucks you have to leave so high in the rpm range it will eat cluthes.
Your doing great for your size same as me. I run 6.2? but I'm up 3500 feet in the mountains and I'm 6 over. At sock lenth first gear is useless it a wheelie machine.

Back