Finishing up nitrous kit tomorrow

I was tossing around installing nitrous. My gen 1 was turbo and I just don't foresee me having the funds to turbo my gen 2 anytime soon. I seen a kit that injected at the throttle body clamps. I wasn't sure on how to activate but it seems a progressive controller is best for dry shot if I remember right. What's type of nitrous system are you using?

I have the FTP button set up as a manual activation for nitrous. I can run it fully automatically or with the FTP button, just a three position switch on one bike, standalone ECU on the other. The need and value of progressive activation depends on how much you are spraying and what you are trying to accomplish.

I have the FTP button set up as a manual activation for nitrous. I can run it fully automatically or with the FTP button, just a three position switch on one bike, standalone ECU on the other. The need and value of progressive activation depends on how much you are spraying and what you are trying to accomplish.
I mostly do highway pulls and the occasional trip to the strip. I've been riding for some time and I can honestly say i would rather have progressive controller to control the shot instead of a punch of nitrous. I thought of going bigger displacement but at this point I'd rather not go into the motor just yet. I'd like to turbo it down the road but it will be awhile before I can purchase a kit.

I mostly do highway pulls and the occasional trip to the strip. I've been riding for some time and I can honestly say i would rather have progressive controller to control the shot instead of a punch of nitrous. I thought of going bigger displacement but at this point I'd rather not go into the motor just yet. I'd like to turbo it down the road but it will be awhile before I can purchase a kit.
With a Gen2 you can control the nitrous through the ECU (flash) and have a time-based progressive application, by gear. I ran 44 hp for years on my stock motor Gen2 before the rings finally got tired. By then I had 4000 passes on it at the strip, mostly N/A.

Pass button will work fine for activation and is not really in an inconvenient spot. I've been using that as the scramble button on my turbo setup as the horn button was the shift button. Word of wisdom though, if you use the pass button as your activation and still want high beam control with the switch, then open the hand controls up and separate the pass button and the high/low beam wiring. If you don't every time you turn on your high beams, your activation will turn on as well.

I guess its a personal preference. I was just thinking with the acceleration on my scooter I dont want to adjust my grip to hold a button down that makes me go faster. The horn is only moving a finger. But everyone is different. I also have an 03 that doesn't even have a pass button. So there you go. Good luck. I just try to simplify the process.

Pass button will work fine for activation and is not really in an inconvenient spot. I've been using that as the scramble button on my turbo setup as the horn button was the shift button. Word of wisdom though, if you use the pass button as your activation and still want high beam control with the switch, then open the hand controls up and separate the pass button and the high/low beam wiring. If you don't every time you turn on your high beams, your activation will turn on as well.
I still think about that turbo sometimes. Wish I would just bought it and made it work. Put that part of my life behind me. I'll get me one soon enough. Shooting for this year

Back