Finished up the Valve adjust today...

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
oh i still gotta mount the t-bodies and airbox back on along with all the external fairings and such but the valve cover is closed and torqued and?...Done!
biggrin.gif

All of my intake valves checked right in the mean of the .004-.008 "intake spec" with ALL OF'EM measuring out in the .006-.007 range of my feeler gauge..and all but 1 of my exhaust valves checked out right inbetween .009-.010 (w/ a exhaust spec of .008-.012) except for one exhaust valve...in my number 1 cylinder..which measured out as a somewhat tight .008...right on the brink of being in/out of spec..so i went ahead and pulled the exhaust cam and swapped out that shim (which yes i mic'ed both the existing one and the chosen replacement) which was nearly .003 thinner than the shim that came out of there...and after re-assy checked the valve clearance again and viola..that one valve is now a loose .010/tight .011.

Also?..I was shocked to find that the original OEM shim that i replaced had "268" marked on it...i guess the factory has a shim assortment that actually graduates in .01mm increments...wereas the dealer shim assortment selection graduates in .05mm increments...sneaky dogs.
laugh.gif

anyways...it'll take me a couple days to get the tutorial/pictorial/instructional post together and up for viewing but...this job is a piece of cake...childs play...and i'll be ready to ship out the shim kit too either omslaw or burgerking as of tomorrow so...NEXT?!!!
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

biggrin.gif

Crap, I just paid a tech to check mine 2 weeks ago.

Now your going to post a how-to, great
smile.gif

How bout posting a how-to regarding your guitar playing. Now that would be helpful.
bowdown.gif

See ya soon,
Chris

(NCBusa2001 @ Apr. 01 2007,21:32) Crap,  I just paid a tech to check mine 2 weeks ago.  

Now your going to post a how-to, great
smile.gif

How bout posting a how-to regarding your guitar playing. Now that would be helpful.  
bowdown.gif

See ya soon,
Chris
damn chris...that sux...cause actually?...it's easier to check and adjust your valves than it is to learn a simple 3 chord song on the guitar!
laugh.gif

But on the brightside?..Next time you can save a bundle and be real proud by doing it yourself...and by the time i finish up the how to post?...you'll know exactly what your getting into and what your doing before you ever get started...and "THAT" should be a pretty cool deal.
biggrin.gif

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Just had mine done at 40,000 and all the exhaust valves but one were tight. Just barely, but tight.

Back