Finished my AFF training and did my first solo! I am now a solo skydiver!

Busaman5000

Donating Member
Registered
I did my final AFF jump this past Saturday. It consisted of a solo exit at 13,500ft altitude check, one practice touch, a barrel roll, front flip, backflip and tracking if time permits. Stop all maneuvers by 6000ft lock on at 5000ft and pull at 4500ft. Land in the designated area with out assistance.

The Barrel roll was easy I had no trouble with that. My front flip was pretty sloppy but I easily recovered which is really all they cared about. When I went to do a back flip I accidentally did another front flip and easily recovered again. :laugh:

My tracking was terrible I was stable but I was basically doing donuts around the instructor. lol

I had a perfect landing I stood it up pretty easily.

It was the most fun I had so far and by far the most relaxed I felt during free fall! My instructor "Brotha Fred" cleared my for solo!

That same day I did my first solo, I was real excited about it and it was all good till the door opened on the plane and that cold air rushed in and it hit me that I was going to be all alone out there. Talk about getting some dry mouth! I don't think there was a bit of saliva in my mouth.

I had planed on doing more flips and stuff but when I jumped I was more tense that I had been on the last jump so I figured I would just forget about that stuff and just concentrate on staying stable and opening at the right time. I kept getting my self into a slow clockwise spin which I kept having to correct. Not sure why, but I think I kept dropping my elbow.

But all and all the solo was uneventful and I pulled at 4500 again and came in for another great landing! What a day it was!:beerchug:

Now I gotta start looking into buying my own jumpsuit and helmet and what not so I don't have to use the sweaty ones at the DZ. Gotta get me a helmet cam to so I can take some video!

Next stop "A" license!

Whoohoo! :cheerleader::cheerleader:

Last edited:
Congratulations! I have another 20 pounds to loose and then if all goes well I'll be right there with you. :thumbsup:

hey busaman5000....
:cheerleader: Congrats m8 :cheerleader:
well done....the fun is only juz beginning !!!
(sent u a pm)

blue skies,
bazman

That great. Man between you and Skydivr I am getting the itch.

thanks everybody!

Nicksulley: You will get there man, you are almost there!

Dino: You gotta do it dude! If you haven't did it before.:beerchug:

thanks everybody!

Nicksulley: You will get there man, you are almost there!

Dino: You gotta do it dude! If you haven't did it before.:beerchug:

I have a ton of static line jumps from my army days. Loved it every time.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back