Finished build pictures....almost.. with ebay black chrome uppers

Goatkart

Registered
Well, almost...

I have one more cut to make in the fairing for the see through clutch cover...

It was tooooooo cold for a real detail and clean up, so yes i know shes dirty.. but pictuers are pictures! I'll do a real polish when it warms up....

i gave her a good orange cap pledging and called it good, i had just gotten back from a 40 minute ride anyhow... i was mostly numb!

2011-03-12_16-10-28_985.jpg

2011-03-12_16-10-43_545.jpg

Yes, the lisence plate is mounted kinda funky....it was an unforseen problem that the plate would have to be moved, so it was a spur the momment fix... currently looking for a permenant solution to that problem.... If anyone has one, let me know..

2011-03-12_16-11-02_303.jpg

Yes, no chain guard... Im waiting for it to show up currently.... TCC sent the swing arm as soon as it was finished, the chain guard is trailing behind it... Supposedly, it might show up this coming week...

2011-03-12_16-11-12_656.jpg

Parts list:
RCC Stage 1 Turbo w/ BOV and DUMPS
TCC Stock "Cheater" 0-6 chrome swing arm
Schnitz Racing Springs
APE slave support
Progressive Suspension 465 1" lower spring
Ballz's See through Clutch Cover
Muzzy Fan
Schnitz Secondary Fan
PMR 2 button toggle switch
DynoJet PC 5
Dynojet LCD
Dynojet Autotune (primarily for WB functionality in LCD)

So far the build has been smooth sailing..

I tried to give a list of the parts, but i may have missed some...

Frank has really been top notch at Powerhouse in answering EVERYTHING i asked him, in 24hrs or less (by email), and often in a couple hours or less... even over weekends... Doesnt matter if it was tune questions, or turbo questions... he was there, each and every time following through on his sale..

RCC's kits, what really needs to be said, they are about as direct bolt on as it gets... sure there was a minimal amount of fabing to do to make things work for MY bike and MY personal preferences, but it was all VERY minor. I think everyone already knows this though... Richards kits are becoming knows for nothing less than perfection...

The swingarm... THE QUALITY IS GREAT.... TCC did a full chop and underbrace of a stock hayabusa swing arm for me... They really put the extra effort into it... they did plenty of fill welding, and smoothed things out.... who ever does their fab work in house, certainly shows his experience...

The chromer they used is also very well done, no flaws, and it appears to be thick and full..

THE ONLY negative i can speak of in regards to TCC is, it was a wait a LONG wait... i ordered it on January 1st, and recieved it last week.... Argueably this was not their fault, as john said, the chromer was behind, and it was more or less out of his hands..... He seemed to do a fairly good job of hounding them to get the arm for me... and although the wait end up being significantly longer than i had anticipated.... Once it did arrive, i was more than happy... I'm also still waiting on my chain guard, which HOPEFULLY will show up this coming week...

Since this is beyond TCC's control i dont let it take away from my recomending the product... as the product itself is EXCELLENT, and john always picked up the phone when i called... it just seems some streamlining could occur on the process, thats all...

The RIDE.... hehehehehehehe amazing.... its like someone took a second hayabusa engine and stuck it under the hood... the ride quality is EXACTLY like stock below spooling, if not even a little smoother over all... but give it a little wrist action, and you better be hanging on or youll be like that guy in texas.... a bike with out a rider!

Schnitz clutch springs... they work, enough said.... They DO give your left had a nice work out however... oi this will take some getting used too.... i have all the stockers replaced with schnitz's..

The progressive suspension 465 spring.... THIS IS A NICE QUALITY PIECE.... i was highly impressed with this things build quality, and it seems to be working great with the extended swingarm... Its a no frills works as intended piece... It does not have remote adjustment, though a non issue for me.. Though i think there is an option for it...

Thanks for the compliments... I definitly didnt do this by myself, i had lots of help from various people...

Between the new found power though, and satisfaction of the build being finished...

it was worth every single penny..

Where's the 'Turbo install tutorial' thread ?
I don't recall seeing you post any pics of the build ?

I need a video with sound to complete my jealousy :)

:thumbsup:Nothing like a job well done and a vendor that supports his product. Final build looks great, congratulation :beerchug:

Where's the 'Turbo install tutorial' thread ?
I don't recall seeing you post any pics of the build ?

I need a video with sound to complete my jealousy :)

lol, I went out with my gopro yesterday on her maiden voyage, but the damn batteries werent charged and i didnt notice... so no actual video was made :banghead: ARGH

anyhow,i did snap some pictures while i was doing the build, however, due to my sparatic work on the bike over the course of months, i didnt end up with any sort of "tutorial" ...

honestly, i would be lying if the camera was at the fore front of my thoughts when i was working ever...

besides, once you see richards instructions, its quick to realise, its already been done LOL... his instructions are full documented with pictures and commentary...

wow nice setup.. can you give some details on the rear swingarm? looks awesome.. :thumbsup:

It was built by Thompson Custom Cycles.... at its core its a stock gen 1 hayabusa swing arm...

I had them chop the top box and stock over bracing off, and put on an aftermarket underbracing.. They relocated the rear spools etc. Its fully adjustable from 0-6 over, and currently set at right around 4 over...

Then the chrome obviously...

That is nice....What gearing/sprockets are you running?

18/40... Since this was my first go around with this type of power and setup, i went for a softer setup on gearing, as well as the improved chain wrap..

Im running supersprox front and rear, and ZZZ chain...

Honestly, while the RPM's drop i find that its impact in drivability is negligible, and with the turbo kit, i dont even notice it other that cruising down the interstate seems a little smoother in general...

The biggest difference is downshifting significantly sooner than i would normally be thinking i needed to...

Back