Finished another AR build

i know...i know....but its the little things that kill me...there is a huge difference between a magazine and a clip...try loading a "clip" into your AR. Most, if not many people have no clue there is a difference..

You're absolutely correct. I'm kind of anal about that as well, most of the time. I know better than to call a Mag a Clip. If I were on a gun forum, I sure wouldn't have.

Just like a combustion engine and an electric motor. Motor vs Engine; two completely different things but quite often used as the same.

Not to thread jack, nice build! But would anyone on here like to trade brand new in the bag windowless black
Pmags for O.D. Green? Just wondering.

Again, sorry for the thread jack..

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

How many do you have? If any of my guys are looking for any of I have another build come up; we could just order OD green instead and have shipped straight to you. Then you could send the black ones.

Put 10, 30rd mags through it today. Sighted in my holo sight, then removed it completely and sighted in my BUIS(back up iron sights). Reattached holo sight and still was dialed in. Very nice quick mount on the new EOTech sights.

It performed great. I ran some uber cheap steel-case rounds I had laying around. On the 8th mag of the day, during a 2 mag rapid fire drill (so 30 rounds rapid fire, drop mag and load another) the 54th round was a failure to eject. I extracted the round from the chamber and found it to have expanded. Ran some cleaner through the gun followed by a bore snake, then some oil. The remaining 4 rounds in that mag cycled fine, followed by 2 additional full mags fired in 10 and 15 round increments. After that, I was out of time.

Had I been using brass case, it would have been fine.

Reading this thread is not helping with my case of the "i wants"... :laugh:

How many do you have? If any of my guys are looking for any of I have another build come up; we could just order OD green instead and have shipped straight to you. Then you could send the black ones.

I think I have at least 6 or 7 that haven't been opened yet. I'll look tonight. That would be cool. Even if it was just like 3 of them it would be cool with me. You know I gotta have my mags match my furniture. :D

Is your buffer and spring a good match to your gas system length? I.E. carbine, mid length, rifle

I'm curious if your return pressure from the spring/buffer combo is wrong for the gas system speed.

well i bought the system as a kit so i would presume that the spring tension and buffer would be matched to the 16 inch barrel and carbine length for the front sight. how would i check that? as i have considered since the trigger seems to be hitting hard on the dis-connector and noticed marks on the back side of the dis-connector making me wonder if its getting slammed back hard enough to make such marks. as im no expert im only speculating

well i bought the system as a kit so i would presume that the spring tension and buffer would be matched to the 16 inch barrel and carbine length for the front sight. how would i check that? as i have considered since the trigger seems to be hitting hard on the dis-connector and noticed marks on the back side of the dis-connector making me wonder if its getting slammed back hard enough to make such marks. as im no expert im only speculating

Im just an amateur, Carbine length systems, pound the bolt back. I'd try throwing another spring in there. Depending how much wear those parts have, you might need to replace.

Any decent gunsmiths in your area?

Back