Finished another AR build

crawler

Registered
For the gun fans out there.

Not ultra trick or anything. Just my latest. This one is for the house and some target stuff , maybe some wild hog thinning on the ranch etc... I have other stuff for long range; but this will reach out a little ways, when it needs to :laugh:

RRA Stripped Lower
RRA 2 Stage Trigger
RRA Operator Stock
YHM flat top upper
YHM Threaded Fluted 16" 1/7 Chrome lined barrel
YHM Todd Jarrett Quad Rail/Handguard
BCM Gunfighter Charge Handle
Magpul B.A.D Lever
Magpul Trigger Guard
Magpul RSA
Magpul Multi Sling
Magpul PMAG
Magpul RVG
ErgoGrip
EOTech EXPS3-2
EOTech G23.FTS
Troy Battlesights

There's other bits and pieces here and there.
Buffer tube, spring, parts kits, etc...

fc0c275e.jpg

Wowzers Batman! That's one heck of a list! Beautiful gun.
You can't tease us with a list like that and then not tell us how much it cost you to put it together.

Very nice!

I sold my AR several years back and am in the market again.

Fixed the links in the first post, cleaned up the format. The parts list are all hyperlinks to the manufactures or a place to find the parts. The parts can be found cheaper elsewhere. But the manufactures have the better pics.

Retail the parts would add up to about $2800, then assembly.

I have this one setup in a nice soft bag that secures the rifle and extra gear. That extra gear includes a dozen loaded PMAG 30rd clips at $15 a throw plus ammo. Overkill, yes. But I'm not sporting that many clips for the zombie invasion. I have that many with it to make shooting sessions on the range and range easier. It's not hard to go through that many rounds in a good session. The PMAGs have a nice feature, they have a cap that keeps dust and moisture out of the clip when in storage. So, if I go out to west tx and its dusty, my rounds and clean and not carrying any extra dust or dirt into the chamber.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.

Very nice!

I sold my AR several years back and am in the market again.

Not an awesome deal. But, pretty darn good; I found a LaRue complete upper assembly(barrel, bolt carrier group, charge handle, rails, flip up sights) with a Bushnell holo sight (similar to the EOTech, I think its actually made by L3 for Busnell) for $1100 on consignment. Could match that with a complete spikes lower assembly for another 250-300 and have a very nice rifle. The upper is at a gun shop in dallas.

Better deals can be had. Just some people love the LaRue stuff.

Bang for the buck if you're looking for economy with some nice options.
Rock River Arms: SUPER SALE! RRA LAR-15 Operator2 SeriesRock River Sale

There's also some great kits out there. You can put a complete gun together for 5-600. It's basic but functional.

I have a number of friends that can keep an eye out if there is something in particular you want. We give them the list and a budget and they'll keep an eye out.

Nice build. I'm in the market of purchasing/building a AR15. Outside of the use of my M4 I use at work I'm not sure where to start as far as building a AR. I'm looking to do this as a retirement gift to myself.

Thanks for the offer. I'm a newb when it comes to AR15 and have to admit that I'm not familiar with LaRue. I had a Bushmaster that was a nice gun but wanted something else more. I'm looking for a tack driver to have some fun at the range with. I'll have to check with the Mrs. (if she's not already seen this thread) and figure out what my allowance looks like. :laugh:

For the zombie invasion, ha ha ha. 12 PMAGS, 360 rds ready to roll.

c9a0b28f.jpg

Get a hold of me Dan, if we can line up schedules, we can go to the range sometime.

Thanks for the offer. I'm a newb when it comes to AR15 and have to admit that I'm not familiar with LaRue. I had a Bushmaster that was a nice gun but wanted something else more. I'm looking for a tack driver to have some fun at the range with. I'll have to check with the Mrs. (if she's not already seen this thread) and figure out what my allowance looks like. :laugh:

LaRue is an upper end company in the AR market.

no thread jack but good place to put it...pm would be fine...i took my ar that i built out to put a few clips through it. after a while i started noticing it wouldnt release the trigger (ie disconnect wouldnt allow trigger to go forward so trigger felt solid and would not move ie stuck back) after extracting rounds and dropping mag sometimes it would fire but then again it would lock... took it apart and disconnector had looked like it either had been sheared or turned shinny where the hammer pushes it before it catches when trigger is still back. there were hit marks on it and burrs. so i lightly sanded the burrs and reassembled the trigger assembly...seems to be working fine but im wondering why did this occurr...sure 5-8 bucks for a new disconnector DPMS but i have to take it out again and put some rounds through it. (is it possible cause if i habbitualy hold trigger back should you reflex release to assist in this?)

no thread jack but good place to put it...pm would be fine...i took my ar that i built out to put a few clips through it. after a while i started noticing it wouldnt release the trigger (ie disconnect wouldnt allow trigger to go forward so trigger felt solid and would not move ie stuck back) after extracting rounds and dropping mag sometimes it would fire but then again it would lock... took it apart and disconnector had looked like it either had been sheared or turned shinny where the hammer pushes it before it catches when trigger is still back. there were hit marks on it and burrs. so i lightly sanded the burrs and reassembled the trigger assembly...seems to be working fine but im wondering why did this occurr...sure 5-8 bucks for a new disconnector DPMS but i have to take it out again and put some rounds through it. (is it possible cause if i habbitualy hold trigger back should you reflex release to assist in this?)

Is your buffer and spring a good match to your gas system length? I.E. carbine, mid length, rifle

I'm curious if your return pressure from the spring/buffer combo is wrong for the gas system speed.

Nice but the ultimate in home security is a shot gun.Just blast anything in its path.Dont have to aim and shoot like an AR.I do like the ability to customize the AR in any configuration you can afford.I like that thet are pretty cheap to build for a base AR.

i know...i know....but its the little things that kill me...there is a huge difference between a magazine and a clip...try loading a "clip" into your AR. Most, if not many people have no clue there is a difference..

Magazine - vs - Clip.jpg

Not to thread jack, nice build! But would anyone on here like to trade brand new in the bag windowless black
Pmags for O.D. Green? Just wondering.

Again, sorry for the thread jack..

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

Back