Finished 1441 build, need a little help

So after tearing it down and putting it back in I found the oil passage to the tranny was partially blocked, luckily the bearings were still getting enough oil to not seize up because they looked, felt and sounded good. After a few rides this weekend and riding it in to work today, it still gets warm but its no hotter than the rest of the engine and I don't feel the heat through my shoe and pants. I felt on a few of my buddies bikes and all seems to be normal, however the lesser heat did not fix the starting issue. I'll be getting the 24v start from icemansid as soon as he finishes building it.

Ordering parts today and will be building a few of them..

do you have any preference for the location of the relay? it doesnt have to be where i have mine pictured - it could be located further back in the trunk or even mounted outside the trunk under the tail section on the right side.

Ordering parts today and will be building a few of them..

do you have any preference for the location of the relay? it doesnt have to be where i have mine pictured - it could be located further back in the trunk or even mounted outside the trunk under the tail section on the right side.

The right side is out because I have an air horn in there, anywhere else would be fine. I was going to see if I could fit both batteries in the factory location like someone else has mentioned.

Wait a minute here, what crank are you using??
If it a Gen2 you only need a 1mm spacer, you stated that you have a 2mm spacer

The right side is out because I have an air horn in there, anywhere else would be fine. I was going to see if I could fit both batteries in the factory location like someone else has mentioned.

can you post up some pics of the batteries mounted up?

Wait a minute here, what crank are you using??
If it a Gen2 you only need a 1mm spacer, you stated that you have a 2mm spacer

Not a BB expert but im pretty sure a gen 2 crank needs the 2mm spacer as its stroked 2 mm beyond the gen 1

APE sent me 2mm spacer with the kit ???

Cant post pics because I have not done it or even tried it yet. Someone posted earlier that I could so I was going to try that route next time I was tinkering. The 2 batteries that is

i was hoping you had it ironed out already man. let me know if you need an extra set of hands this weekend.

i was hoping you had it ironed out already man. let me know if you need an extra set of hands this weekend.

A few guys are heading to the drag strip this weekend, I am hoping to run, you should come out. Before the buildmy best time was a 10.02 @ 144 mph.....i Know a lot of guys are much faster, but thats stock wheel base on a bike with 60,000 miles I was almost satisfied with it, hence the reason for adding nitro but I blew it before I got back to the track :(

APE sent me 2mm spacer with the kit ???

Cant post pics because I have not done it or even tried it yet. Someone posted earlier that I could so I was going to try that route next time I was tinkering. The 2 batteries that is

He's saying that a 2mm stroke only gains 1mm on each side of the crank, so to speak, so you only need to move the cylinder 1mm farthur away from the case, hense the 1mm spacer.

I hope I explained that right.

He's saying that a 2mm stroke only gains 1mm on each side of the crank, so to speak, so you only need to move the cylinder 1mm farthur away from the case, hense the 1mm spacer.

so that makes complete sense... never thought about it that way. I wonder if APE is calling it a 2mm for the crank when in reality its only 1 mm....

Thank you for the input!
What ever the stroke the spacer is cut in half!
So if you had a 5mm stroker crank, a 2.5mm spacer is needed.

I didn't measure it but the packaging says 2mm spacer. With it all installed it lacked about .015 - 020 from being zero decked at TDC

Cant be put any better,or more simplified.:bowdown:

I didn't measure it but the packaging says 2mm spacer. With it all installed it lacked about .015 - 020 from being zero decked at TDC

So does this mean he is fine/GTG and that if it is actually a true 2mm thick he would just lose a bit of compression?

I just hope it all turns out good.
Lots of hassle for you man. :banghead:

Will be worth it in the end thou.:thumbsup:

Speaking from experience - there is nothing more educational than building your own motor (and making your own mistakes!)

Back