Fines

motogp08

Registered
I don't know if anyone here would know...but i ride my dirtbike (about a mile, mostly dirt road,) to church, and a friends house. (I live kindof in a rural area)

I've NEVER had a cop say anything about it, and most of the time they just smile and wave when they go by, EVEN COUNTY.

But lets say they DO give me a ticket for it, any idea how much it would be?
rock.gif

Every city or county dictate their own fines. Know your city trespassing laws. My friend got one of those tickets but fought it and won because the property didn't have any NO TRESPASSING signs. But after he won, the same property had the signs every 50 feet apart.

a friend of mine actually got picked up at home and taken to jail and the bike was impounded- but that was because he ran from the cop, went cross country and got away, or so he thought...something to think about
beerchug.gif

I used to run my quad on gravel roads all the time. Its only illegal if they decide to enforce it.

Every county is different on fine rates. Sounds like they don't have a problem with it now so be low key about it and don't do anything to get a complaint or otherwise draw negative attention and you should be alright. At least until you get a different cop on your route.

I don't know if anyone here would know...but i ride my dirtbike (about a mile, mostly dirt road,) to church, and a friends house. (I live kindof in a rural area)

I've NEVER had a cop say anything about it, and most of the time they just smile and wave when they go by, EVEN COUNTY.

But lets say they DO give me a ticket for it, any idea how much it would be?
rock.gif
Unregistered vehicle = money ticket how much I don't know.
Uninsured vehicle = probably a misdameanor crime, equals court apperance I would suppose, and here in VT you would have to carry SR-22 insurance for 3 years if convicted.

Inspection sticker violation if you need them.

Improper equipment ticket for no tail or headlight, blinkers, etc......

Back