Finally!!!

Hey someone stole my bike, it's a 05 red/black 5k mis. Micron exh. truck had Okla. tags on it. J/K. Where in KC did you buy it, that area looks familiar?:welcome:

What size lid? I might have something for ya till you can get a new one. It's 2 years old so like said above, it will only be good for another year or so

Yes, it was laid down on the right side at about 20 mph. Slider did its job, but still an amount of rash I can live with for a while. My daughter and son in law, both work at a body shop, so I am trying to decide between custom paint or just buying replacement plastic fairing and keeping the stock look.

I was on the north side of KC. Dont know much else.

The local bike shop here only sells Fulmer helmets. I tried some on, and didnt like any of them. Plus they only had one XL, and it was yellow. Found an HJC online for 81 bucks. Once I get caught up, I will try to get that one.
SAMBUSA, the Shoei I have is a medium, and it rips my ears off. I can get it on, but my face looks like an exploding sausage. It fits my wife though. So I would imagine a large, or XL would be good for me. Let me know what you got, maybe can work something out.

OK, my future plans for the bike are as follows, and any info/tips you guys have, hit me with it.

1. Buell pegs (6'4", need every inch. Someone on here has them, right?)
2. Handlebar riser. Which is best?
3. Communications/entertainment. I want a good setup that will allow me to talk, hands free, to the passenger, listen to my sat radio, and possibly talk on my phone. Is bluetooth the way to go? What brands? What all components are needed to set this up?
4. Luggage. Until we get my wifes bike, I am going to need some sort of saddlebag that will still allow for her to ride back there. Also maybe a tankbag.
5. Cruise control. Which do yall prefer?
6. Possibly custom seats. the stock seat seems as though it could be softer. I tried sitting on Tobin seats on one bike I was looking at, and it felt really hard to me.

After these things, I plan on starting to customize it some. Chrome? Paint? etc. But Sherry and I really want to just enjoy getting away

Yes, it was laid down on the right side at about 20 mph. Slider did its job, but still an amount of rash I can live with for a while. My daughter and son in law, both work at a body shop, so I am trying to decide between custom paint or just buying replacement plastic fairing and keeping the stock look.

I was on the north side of KC. Dont know much else.

The local bike shop here only sells Fulmer helmets. I tried some on, and didnt like any of them. Plus they only had one XL, and it was yellow. Found an HJC online for 81 bucks. Once I get caught up, I will try to get that one.
SAMBUSA, the Shoei I have is a medium, and it rips my ears off. I can get it on, but my face looks like an exploding sausage. It fits my wife though. So I would imagine a large, or XL would be good for me. Let me know what you got, maybe can work something out.

OK, my future plans for the bike are as follows, and any info/tips you guys have, hit me with it.

3. Communications/entertainment. I want a good setup that will allow me to talk, hands free, to the passenger, listen to my sat radio, and possibly talk on my phone. Is bluetooth the way to go? What brands? What all components are needed to set this up?
4. Luggage. Until we get my wifes bike, I am going to need some sort of saddlebag that will still allow for her to ride back there. Also maybe a tankbag.
6. Possibly custom seats. the stock seat seems as though it could be softer. I tried sitting on Tobin seats on one bike I was looking at, and it felt really hard to me.

After these things, I plan on starting to customize it some. Chrome? Paint? etc. But Sherry and I really want to just enjoy getting away

Fulmer's aren't the greatest lids. Mine is an HJC. Gotta check the size on it. But, pay for shipping and it's yours:beerchug:

See if you can work in a trip to OKC or Tulsa and visit Cycle Gear. They have about the best selection for you to try on. Different heads like different helmets (shape and size)

Look at members for members for the buell pegs.
I heard heli bars are good, no experience with them
You can get a decent cheap tankbag almost anywhere.
Throttlemeister (spelling) cruise control
or some sort of rubber washer supposedly works well ?
Corbin seats or gel seats. But I have never sat on any of them

Look at members for members for the buell pegs.
I heard heli bars are good, no experience with them
You can get a decent cheap tankbag almost anywhere.
Throttlemeister (spelling) cruise control
or some sort of rubber washer supposedly works well ?
Corbin seats or gel seats. But I have never sat on any of them

Stay away from a gel seat. They suck.

And the buell pegs, Joe(GSX1300R-T) sells them at a great price, ready to install

GSX1300R-T (Joe) sells them for around $85.

Genmar risers and/or Heli-bars.

Chatterbox is popular, but see more folks moving to Autocomm.

Corbin Bettlebags are quite popular, but expensive. They also come color-coded for the bike.

Throttlemeister bar ends work very well. Audiovox makes a complete kit.

Tobins are great seats. Have them on a couple bikes and plan on getting them on the 3rd.

Thanks for all the welcomes, and advice!

It is getting colder, and as soon as I get my engine swapped in my truck, I plan on putting the bike in my back shed for storage/mods.

On a side note, since I have been riding the bike to work everyday, all my coworkers-buddies are giving me a hard time about going directly from Rockcrawling to Busas. From slow, slow to go go! Might be a little bipolar. :laugh:

welcome. i am fairly new to the busa family and i have found tons of info on bags, throttle locks, and other touring mods over at

it's mostly a west coast site but lots of knowledge.

I will finally be getting a Busa on 10-25-08. It has been 4 long years but it finally happened. 2002 Black LE with 8200 miles on it. Yosh carbon fiber slip-ons, Undertail, PCIII, carbon fiber front fender, gel seat. $6500. The guy is giving me the front and back bike stands, another hump and the stock take offs too. I feel like I am getting a good deal.

my busa.jpg

Welcome to the Busa world can assure you the spending is going to start now believe me
you will dress your Busa up RIDE SAFE AND ENJOY

ANTO BUSA:welcome::

Back