Finally took her out today

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
Finally--sun is out, snow is off the roads, roads are dry. I couldn't help myself. I just had to take my new '06 out for a spin. Put over 100 miles on her. I just rode until I couldn't feel my fingers anymore. All I can say is SWEET!!!!!!!!! Now I can't wait until I can ride without 4 layers of cloths on.

Go to Cabellas or REI and get one of those new style polar fleece pullovers. They stop up to 95% of the wind, but breathe! I wear my Cabellas under my leather jacket with just a long sleeve t-short under that. I have riden several times in mid 30 degree weather...my upper body never got cold.

Alright dude...just for you.  I don't have a clue what I am doing here,,so if the link doesn't come up....sorry:;):

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas....at21082

try that.

HOLY CRAP!!!! I DID IT!! WHAAAAAAHOOOOOO!!!

Hey, there is a first time for everything!

<!--EDIT|mjn
Reason for Edit: "kinda got exited.."|1141591217 -->

I didnt' find the actual one I have in there... I am quite sure any of the polartec stuff would work great.

I got my wife a jacket from REI for Christmas. It is light weight, I think they call it polartec too.. no...they call it polar fleece..(I think) Anyway, the guy there told me it stops 95-98% of the wind. My wife is a wimp when it comes to cold...it has become her favorite jacket.

Good idea!!!

I like this one
wow.gif

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas....0022141

dang it wa like 75 here...not a cloud anywhere...too bad I am remodeling this trailer. Such limited time between now and the bash!!! I only get 48 hours every two weeks to accomplish anything.

Glad to hear there are other people like me who refuse to completely acknowledge that it is indeed still winter in New England.

It's all good!
smile.gif

Glad to hear there are other people like me who refuse to completely acknowledge that it is indeed still winter in New England.

It's all good!  
smile.gif
OMG--Somewhere near the end of my ride I was being to question my own sanity!! Forget the strange looks I was getting from all the cagers I passed. In any case, the first ride was AWESOME!!!!!!!!

Man you got balls, cold ones at that. Glad you got to ride your busa. Be careful of salt, sand, leaves and all the other winter stuff when riding early in the year.

Back