Finally time to change my sprockets and chain

hayabusapower

Registered
Ok my chain and sprockets are finish on my 06 Busa. I'm thinking of changing my sprockets size and maybe go with a smaller chain (520). Should I go 2 extra teeth in the back sprocket and 1 less in front or just 2 more in the back. I don't mine loosing a bit of top end, will I still be able to hit 186mph? I do mostly road riding and go on a track for top speed runs. If anyone has a better suggestion let me no. What size should I go with the chain 520, 525 or 530? What manufacturer do you recommend for sprocket and chain. Also should I change to a aluminum sprockets or just stick with steel not to get any warped sprocket. Thanks for the help!

You should not go with anything less than 530, particularly if you are racing. There is no 520 that is rated for the Busa's power.

For chains, the stock RK GB530GXW would be my choice. Pashnit has them priced well.

I got 33k out of my stock chain on the 2008, so I am a big fan of RK.

Or, you can grab an EK ZZZ from Honda East Justin - I just did. He's got them for $144.99 - awesome price. However my last one stretched a lot quicker than the stock RK.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/honda-east-toledo/149719-ek-zzz-chains-stock-org-members.html

As to sprockets, go with an good steel sprocket, like Sunstar. Stay away from aluminum.

yes do not...i repeat do not go down in chain size. it very dangerous and it will not hold to the busas power. Stay at the 530 and i would talk to justin or tim either one. Both are stand up guys and will give you excellent deals!

Guys thanks for the info, I'm definitely staying with a 530. I've been searching on the forum and most people are saying to go with 3 more teeth in the back and stay stock in the front. What do you think about that setup?

For a more aggressive Busa 3 up, but you can forget 186 or even 176. Check out gearingcommander.com

For one get a better chain EK or DID ZZZ, don't use a stock replacement . for more torque and speed you just need to get some spray ! you can try a one tooth down in front , its about the same as 2 1/2 up in the rear . Besides how often are you going 180

Whats a better combination for more torque and still keep my top speed?

My advice to all. If you're playing with sprockets go rear because it's easy to change if you really don't like the change.

You can't have it all in life. You can make a change that makes the bike more aggressive on the low end and not hurt the high end. I agree with the other poster that not many of us sail up to 186 MPH all the time.

Then there's always staying stock :whistle:

For one get a better chain EK or DID ZZZ, don't use a stock replacement .

What is your issue with the stock RK chain? There is a reason Suzuki opted for that chain on the Busa :whistle: - And I got 33k out of my stock RK with hardly any stretch.

Back