Finally roped one of my unicorns

Congrats on the new ride! :beerchug:

You can't really compare that to a Busa, totally different class and purpose. I enjoy my Gixxer 600, has plenty power if you wind up the RPM, very light and easy to ride. Above 80mph, sure the Busa is much nicer, but one has to pick where that is possible without getting into trouble. Below 80mph, in traffic, or up a mountain pass with switchbacks the bike that weighs 175 lbs less is much more comfortable and easier to ride.

You have to ride a dual sport to realize the fun in riding a light bike. My Husky weighs 290lbs and when we are on forest roads in the mud, I ride up and down between my buddys with their heavy 900cc+ KTM's and BMW's while they walk next to their heavy bikes on the throttle, scared they will slide and go down.

We all love our Busa's, but lets face it, it is a heavy bike, part of the reason it is not popular in Europe.

There's something just not right about a light bike. Even moreso with a light, slightly underpowered bike. ??? My first foray into that world was my S40. Underpowered, light, but an absolute blast to ride! The old adage that "it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than it is to ride a fast bike slow" was definitely the truth. I would crank to full throttle and enjoy the fact that my mind didn't have to process things at 5 million miles a minute. It was even better with the TW200. Why? Why do these bikes call to me?

Because it's way more fun than it should be! The TW200 weighs 279lbs (with me off of it...I outweigh it by about 15lbs) and is an absolute HOOT to ride!

I love this thing! It putt putts around town real easy...steering is unbelievably quick and light. Flick it side to side? You bet...quicker than you can tie your shoes! I love actually being able to hold the throttle WFO in 5th gear for more than 2 minutes...and not be worried about becoming a smear on the road if there's a getoff. I crank that bad boy full twist around the turns, scream and giggle like a little school girl and look at my speedo. WHAT?!? 50mph? *buahahahaha cackle cackle snort cough cough cackle cackle snort OH MY GOD I LOVE THIS THING!!!*

Yes. It's that fun.

It brings me back to the pure essence of riding. It ain't about stomping the competition flat...this little beauty won't win any speed contests. It's about being able to really FEEL the bike...and improving your riding skills in the process. Sure, you can't drag a knee...but we're not in the AMA or Moto-Gp. It works absolutely just fine out on the road and has more pep than you'd think for a little booger. The tires are cheap, the parts are cheap. There's only one cylinder and one spark plug. Only one carb. Simplicity. Pure, beautiful and unabashed simplicity. And...best of all?

I don't have to stop where the pavement ends. :beerchug: :thumbsup:

Back