Finally put shoes back on

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Finally after 2 months I got the track tires off(Pilot Race) and got the street tires mounted (PP 2ct's cause I already had em). A couple other things(install new battery, oil change, etc.) and I'll be able to ride with my Busa Buds in NorCal soon! Raydog

PR's off

P1020038.JPG

and tomorrow, I'll finish her up....just in time to watch the snow.

P1020047.JPG

how come you don't just keep the pilot race on for street, I got my forth set of tires as the busa needed new shoes and I love the grip on this tires front/soft, rear/midium-soft, i know I wont get to many miles off them but i cant believe I waited this long, plus goin from a 200/50 to a 190/55 makes a day/night diff... I use to eat the sides of the 50's now I have some room to play with even after the stock peg curb feelers are done... thank god I gogt 2 free sets of those from my shop when they installed the tires... he new I was going to need them

how come you don't just keep the pilot race on for street, I got my forth set of tires as the busa needed new shoes and I love the grip on this tires front/soft, rear/midium-soft, i know I wont get to many miles off them but i cant believe I waited this long, plus goin from a 200/50 to a 190/55 makes a day/night diff... I use to eat the sides of the 50's now I have some room to play with even after the stock peg curb feelers are done... thank god I gogt 2 free sets of those from my shop when they installed the tires... he new I was going to need them

Because, basically the PR tires are only good for street use on warm days with clean dry road surface and properly preheated riding before "letting loose". They are the ultimate for hard core grip but only for a surgically appropriate environment. There are at least 5 different high performance street tires that are a far better choice...PP 2ct, Corsas, Bridgestones, etc.

The specific inadequacies are...longevity, lack of grip in corners with debris/ water/cold surface, heat cycle situation(ok for tracks, not for street), low psi requirements for performance(compared to street tires) highway vrs. twisties needs differing pressure.....I could go on, I just think it's important that we are all learned about these realities....ultimately it's about safety AND performance and hi po street tires just "pack the gear" better for street. In short, track tires are an "accident waiting to happen" on the street and the "ultimate" on the track.

Raydog

Because, basically the PR tires are only good for street use on warm days with clean dry road surface and properly preheated riding before "letting loose". They are the ultimate for hard core grip but only for a surgically appropriate environment. There are at least 5 different high performance street tires that are a far better choice...PP 2ct, Corsas, Bridgestones, etc.

The specific inadequacies are...longevity, lack of grip in corners with debris/ water/cold surface, heat cycle situation(ok for tracks, not for street), low psi requirements for performance(compared to street tires) highway vrs. twisties needs differing pressure.....I could go on, I just think it's important that we are all learned about these realities....ultimately it's about safety AND performance and hi po street tires just "pack the gear" better for street. In short, track tires are an "accident waiting to happen" on the street and the "ultimate" on the track.

Raydog

:thumbsup::beerchug::cheerleader:

Right on the money, nail on the head, bingo we got a winner.

cheers
ken

Ken, I don't think anybody's ever agreed with me at that level before! Doyle

Ken, I don't think anybody's ever agreed with me at that level before! Doyle

Over the years I've seen a couple of, lost it in the corner, pranged up street bikes wearing race take offs.

Who's to say what the cause was, but the tires had the consistency of a white plastic, kitchen cutting board....

cheers
ken

Back