Finally! Parts have Arrived

SSGT_B

Registered
So after a long few weeks of getting the wrong part, sending it back, getting back ordered then cancelling the order and finding another sprocket at a different store. Ordering and waiting again. Got the right sprocket (42T) vs the 40T on there now. Put it on to be 1 link short...........DOH!!!! So I ordered a 150 link black chain and waited again..........The payoff just hit my door step. Time to put it together tomorrow.

I've read conflicting posts, but does changing the front versus changing the back make the bike behave differently? Say going down 1 tooth equalled going up 2 in the back evenly (I understand it's not), and conversely going up two in back equalled going down 1 infront. Would changing the front opposed to the back, and vice versa, 'feel' different?

I doesn't matter which you change. Just divide the rear number by the front to get the ratio. So 15 to 45 and a 16 to 48 (both 3:1)would 'feel' the same. If you're changing the sprocket and chain because of wear changing both sprockets would add longevity to the new chain. Putting a new chain on an old sprocket would wear the chain faster.

I doesn't matter which you change. Just divide the rear number by the front to get the ratio. So 15 to 45 and a 16 to 48 (both 3:1)would 'feel' the same. If you're changing the sprocket and chain because of wear changing both sprockets would add longevity to the new chain. Putting a new chain on an old sprocket would wear the chain faster.

Exactly! They should be changed as a set w/ a new chain no matter the size choice or combination. It's like taking a shower, shaving, applying cologne, doing the do and putting on dirty underwear....:whistle:

The front is -1 and only a mnth old. It should be fine. Now if it will dry up out here i culd test it out

Well it is defiantly "zippy" now lol Just went around block and its twitchy and wants to lift the bike. Now waiting for my ECU harness to start tuning. It can only get better right? :D

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

FaceBook Links Do Not Work

Back