Finally ordered GP4RX nickel calipers

ali123

Banned
I think im gonna do this job myself.... or at least try... I need spacers/master cylinder/adapters/and maybe rotors as well... AND TIPS... at least I got the ball rolling. I will update the thread as I go......
1536694291513.png

You'll need a tool to bleed brakes with.
The old, fill the mc and pump the lever will never work.
You can use a big syringe(no needle)and hose connected to each caliper and push fluid up to the mc, then bleed/refill mc/pump lever as normal.
Once you're done, zip tie the lever to the bar and let it sit overnight, bleed again, and it's done. This gets All the air out of the lines.
Wrap the grip and lever in cardboard to protect them from the zip tie.

You'll need a tool to bleed brakes with.
The old, fill the mc and pump the lever will never work.
You can use a big syringe(no needle)and hose connected to each caliper and push fluid up to the mc, then bleed/refill mc/pump lever as normal.
Once you're done, zip tie the lever to the bar and let it sit overnight, bleed again, and it's done. This gets All the air out of the lines.
Wrap the grip and lever in cardboard to protect them from the zip tie.
where do they sell the tool?

I can buy a galespeed Billet master cylinder for 600.... not new.... good idea? off a race bike..... if not... what master cylinder... is it worth spending a lot here... mainly after brute force and initial bite

Well , good to see you making some move to aiding pulling up that rocket of yours with some type of quality brake calipers . Think the Beringer six piston that Mike recommended would of been an easier and tidier fitment to your bike's stock forks , but your choice of course .

Last edited:
I can buy a galespeed Billet master cylinder for 600.... not new.... good idea? off a race bike..... if not... what master cylinder... is it worth spending a lot here... mainly after brute force and initial bite
$600 seems excessive for a MC. I think I paid less than $700 for two brembos, one for clutch and one for brakes. I still consider myself a below average rider, but I love these things and they feel amazing!

I have an air hawk to blow up my tires.. that little air compressor u see on tv
That will probably suffice, does it have any kind of tank or just a straight continuous duty compressor? As long as you can get 80-90 psi continuous I think you good.

What pitch calipers did you order Ali , 108mm or 100mm ?
Just seen your post mention 108mm so all good . I have found a couple of adapters for 100mm fitment , nothing for 108mm as yet . Those brackets you found in the UK ? , could be good if good series billet aluminum .

Last edited:
What pitch calipers did you order Ali , 108mm or 100mm ?
Just seen your post mention 108mm so all good . I have found a couple of adapters for 100mm fitment , nothing for 108mm as yet . Those brackets you found in the UK ? , could be good if good series billet aluminum .
Wouldn’t it be better to upgrade to GENII forks and forget about adapters? Are the front wheels not compatible between first and second gen.?

Wouldn’t it be better to upgrade to GENII forks and forget about adapters? Are the front wheels not compatible between first and second gen.?
Not a straight swapover I'm afraid . The Gen 2 fork will adapt with the Gen 2 triple clamps and front wheel , brake rotors , axle and fender . You can get everything at fairly good prices in great condition 2nd hand from the US if you look around .

where do they sell the tool?

A brake vacuum tool is available most anywhere that sells tools.
Since you're cheap, a horse syringe(no needle) is a couple bucks from any veteranarian or farm supply store.
Clear hose fits on the needle end, fill with fluid, attach to bleeder and open it, push the syringe and pump the fluid up the line. Rag around the bleeder, some fluid will come out.
Fill the lines until fluid is flowing into the MC.
Fill theMC, and pump the brake lever, hold, and open and close the bleeder, top off fluid in MC, repeat until all air bubbles are out of the fluid. Zip-tie the lever overnight, bleed once, done.
This is how I still do it, even after owning and using a Mighty-Vac.

Back