Finally, Mum and Dad move in.

newman

Registered
Finally got mum and dad moved in next door to us last Saturday.:thumbsup:

Lynne went down to London for four days to help them pack.
My job look after the animals and make sure my daughter was fed, 3 takeaways sorted that out.:laugh:
Pizza, Indian and Chinese.

Big panic when the removal men didn't turn up, they had lost the address, they was trying to phone my house phone, but I don't answer the phone unless I know who it is.
Lynne got in touch with them, so it was all sorted in the end.:thumbsup:

The new carpet and vinyl was two weeks late arriving, so Lynne spent the day before she left for London laying it all.
She decorated the whole place, and rebuilt the kitchen as well.:thumbsup:

Of course I wasn't allowed to help, because of my track record of mucking things up and being impatient and moaning.

The fence is not finished yet because we had workmen round insulating the outside of the four bungalows where I live, all paid for by the government.:thumbsup:
Basically they built a six inch insulated wall on the outside of the existing walls and pebble dashed it.

Robyn my daughter was going to go to London and pick them up but mum don't like cars and motorways, couldn't get dad on a train because of all the steps at the station, so they got a coach in the end.

Mum and dad are very happy.:thumbsup:

Here's a few pics of the before and after look of the bungalow, the fence is work in progress.

GOPR0073.jpg

GOPR0074.jpg

100_2158.jpg

100_2160.jpg

I'm so glad they're finally there!! It'll be such a comfort for your parents to have you and Lynne nearby to help :thumbsup:

Sounds like Lynne's very good at this remodeling stuff; she interested in flying to Virginia to lend me a hand with my place? :laugh:

Thanks everyone.

Lynne used to help her dad doing DIY, so he taught her a lot.
She's got to do our bathroom again the dogs wrecked it, vinyl ripped up, made a hole in the door, toilet seat broken and needs painting.

Thanks everyone.

Lynne used to help her dad doing DIY, so he taught her a lot.
She's got to do our bathroom again the dogs wrecked it, vinyl ripped up, made a hole in the door, toilet seat broken and needs painting.

yeh yeh blame it on the dogs, we know you Newman:laugh: Lynne does a pretty good job at the DIY stuff not bad, take care:thumbsup:

Speechless Newman, Women like Lynne, don't grow on tree's, you look after everybody, hope your Family are all settled in soon.

Best regards Stretch:)

Back