Finally made the leap Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery BTL14

Re: Finally made the leap Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery B

That was the three boxes, sorry no pix of peanuts :laugh:

DSCN2908.JPG

DSCN2909.JPG

DSCN2910.JPG

DSCN2911.JPG

Re: Finally made the leap Battery Tender BTL14A240C Lithium Iron Phosphate Battery B

Well Start her up !!

Good to hear everything is working out. You will be impressed by the starting power, I have no doubt about that. I have my Full Spectrum sitting on a shelf waiting for my FJR to arrive and it has been running strong since the day I installed it three-ish years ago. Lightweight, more power, smaller, what else could you ask for...

Still curious about the 25% increase in CCA between SLA and LI :dunno: It has kicked over well since break-in, but with a 25% increase in available CCA it should really crank over.

Hey Dadofthree! I read your thread and I too have been looking for a battery. I'm running a double battery (12V) system and I'm hoping this will take care of me. My question do you think this battery will ensure starts when the bike is hot from heat and traffic...."One of the curse of the Busa"?

being a lithium battery it should remain almost fully charged for up to a year IF u pull it out of the bike for storage. otherwise a battery tender is needed. lithium batteries if fully discharged almost always are dead beyond repair. my next battery will be lithium. ive used them for years in my Radio Control planes with good results. just dont let anything discharge them to a dead state

The information on this battery says do not discharge below 8 volts. The low temp issue combined with this might be why some have had issues with Li batteries, no

thats my worry, I've never heard of them . Hope all works awesome , if so maybe ill switch over . Price is alot cheaper
I received the battery four days after placing order close to midnight :laugh: Can't fuss about that

Hey Dadofthree! I read your thread and I too have been looking for a battery. I'm running a double battery (12V) system and I'm hoping this will take care of me. My question do you think this battery will ensure starts when the bike is hot from heat and traffic...."One of the curse of the Busa"?

If I understand your question, it's one with many variables. It sounds like you have a built engine. The battery I purchased is sized for a stock bike, there are so many different builds, I'm sure the larger the displacement, compression, cams, stroke, valve clearance and adjustment, etc. would make a difference and I'd suggest you call battery tender with your specs to get the proper battery. I know you were saying that the engine was hot, but the Operating Temp is: 0 - 140°(F)

Also if memory serves me well, this battery likes to struggle. Some of the literature I've read states that if the crank is weak to turn the headlight on for awhile and try again to aid cranking.

That's about 40 lbs I've dropped off the ole girl, now if I could drop a hundred :laugh:

sorry my email never updates me on posts. yes never go below the recommended voltage. lithium batterys do not have a memory so they cannot be cycled back to health. also cold weather does lessen the power they put out. i see this battery is a LifePO4 with should be safer then other brands. i hope it works out good as i still might convert over someday. i ride too much that going dead shouldnt be a problem

I say I'm a daily rider, but sometimes the weather is too much or my schedule prevents that. Probably why the factory SLA is still so healthy. We rarely dip into the teens and the bike is kept in a garage. I've lived here for 35 years and until this year have never seen it below twenty degrees. This year we had a 17 and 14 degree night. I think I'll be alright.

ya sounds like ull be fine. ill wait till i need a battery before i decide to upgrade or not.

Installed the battery today and it worked just fine. The bolts holding the battery terminals on the battery were loose :dunno:

DSCN2912.JPG

A little rust where the blades of the phillips head screwdriver go and after removing the positive battery cable you could see a little yuke. I really hated pulling a good battery out of my bike.

DSCN2913.JPG

DSCN2914.JPG

DSCN2915.JPG

In with the new, inserted nut provided and used new bolts to connect cables. Positive removed first and negative connected first. Of course then I had to set the clock. :laugh:

DSCN2916.JPG

DSCN2917.JPG

DSCN2918.JPG

Shimming material provided and used. This battery is physically smaller and weighs 1.2 lbs. vs. 7.2 lbs with the SLA. The fuel pump spun up and the bike cranked normally. Did a little 150 ride today.

47K miles

I just ordered the same battery from Amazon. Cheaper than the Shorai and 3 year garuntee so why not!?

Back