finally installed steering damper!!

palmobusa

Registered
after sitting and looking at it for 3 weeks, i finally had a little extra time to put on my gpr steering damper....i've heard good things about it, and cant wait to try it out on sunday when weather is warm. sorry pic isnt very good, it got dark and i was excited.:laugh:

2011-04-07_20_07_57.jpg

I liked the GPR, but found the Matris on sale a few months back. I put mine on yesterday and road about 200 miles.

You guys on the fence about getting a damper...get off that fence and GET ONE!

One of the best Mods i have done!

I liked the GPR, but found the Matris on sale a few months back. I put mine on yesterday and road about 200 miles.

You guys on the fence about getting a damper...get off that fence and GET ONE!

One of the best Mods i have done!
Why is that Ace? I find this bike amazingly stable at speed with the one it comes with. Is it even more so with yours?

Why is that Ace? I find this bike amazingly stable at speed with the one it comes with. Is it even more so with yours?

I have a 2005 GenI just for record.

On nice smooth highway or roads, Yes my bike feels pretty stable at speed or slower.
What i am saying is that on the patched bumpy roads with this new damper dialed up stiffer than stock, i am not getting that front wheel jerking when hitting those bumps. An uneven surface can make your front wheel turn side to side a little as you go over it. At lean, it can be unsettling to me to feel that. With the damper it smoothes that out so the bumps feel more linear, or up and down and that gets handled by the suspension. For me, it just feels more stable at lean and insipres more confidence. Confidence, which helps this old man go a bit faster and push MY limits more.

Back