Finally Installed 07-08 GSXR1000 Front Fender

InfiniteReality

Registered
Picked it up for a sweet deal on eBay for $31 shipped, new, a few months ago. It's not OEM, but is made of ABS at least. It came white, so I painted it satin black and has been sitting on a work bench ever since. I knew one of my rear tabs on the stock fender has been broken and could hear it rub when going slow, so finally got off my butt and installed the 1K fender.

Not totally sure I really like it though. Not sure if it's because it doesn't match the Plasti-Dip or just because it's so much smaller. Opinions?

IMG_20151214_171940.jpg

IMG_20151214_172717.jpg

IMG_20151214_172805.jpg

IMG_20151214_172817.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
It would stand out better of you did. The black blends in with the undecowling. I think it would look good either way.

7426159208_d482a6c5e5_b.jpg

With the GSXR 1000 fender, it grows on you.

Had it custom painted to match.

7839605994_bba4d60f4e_b.jpg

7941514244_0b22360fbf_b.jpg

9298248240_aed8b74c98_b.jpg

It gives the front end a bit more of a stubby look.

But if you have custom rotors like these, opens all that up.

7941464944_71004bcde8_b.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that's my dilemma, gloss black wheels with satin black fender just blends in too much. I can see more wheel stripe tho, lol. I've been itching for some new rotors for a couple years ago, just keep waiting on my pads to wear far enough to justify new ones. Of course I'm only at 6k so far.

Guess it'll be staying then! Been riding it all week, even in 38deg weather and figure out late last night, when I looked, that my horn some how got bent forward/up and probably making the noise. I moved it as far as I could by hand down, but sounds like it's still hitting. Hope to have time this week to remove the bracket and bend it back straight.

It's definitely growing on me. Bike is again stock charcoal / silver and the black matches slot better too. I don't even notice it not being body color.

I hadn't noticed till today after washing it and driving it down the road without a helmet I could hear rubbing on normal braking when slowing down from 40mph. Front tire (stock size) is rubbing on the rear of the fender. Probably another week of riding to work and it'll have gone thru. There is space between the tire and fender so not sure what the deal is and how it's happening. Anyone else experience this?

Can the gsx-r 1000 front fender work on Gen1?
If I remeber right, the gen1 requires some modifications to fit a gsxr fender on. Plenty of info on the forum. Typing “gsxr fender” usually yields some results and info on this. Good luck and post pics.

Back