FINALLY got the movie FASTER...

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
I finally caught the movie FASTER in stock at Best Buy and picked it up. Watched the whole thing last night. I've gotta say that this movie was the best entertainment money I've spent since I bought the 10.
biggrin.gif

This flick really opens your eyes to just how insane MotoGP bikes and riders really are. I knew it must be crazy, but man... The racer interview footage and the behind the scenes look at the feud between Rossi and Biaggi was cool. Also, the heart rate analysis of Rossi and Biaggi while they were racing was interesting stuff. And like him or not, Rossi is one bad mutha on a bike. I found it interesting that he was one of the very few GP racers that actually still rides on the street.

Another thing that was just awesome to watch was McCoy's riding style. I've seen him in other videos backin' that mutha into the corners and sliding it around, but FASTER had quite a bit of footage of his style and some pretty good commentary about it.

Anyway, if you are into road racing at all and don't have this movie... GET IT!!! Now that I've seen this movie I'm about to die wanting to go to Laguna to watch the GP boys ride. In fact, I'm also sort of thinking about planning a vacation either later this year or next year and going overseas to watch a GP race. Never been out of the US and I can't think of a better reason to cross the big pond than to see world class riders rip it up!
wink.gif

Was it the new 2 disc version? That version covers the first few races in the 2004 season, plus it's in Dolby 5.1.

I won mine in a Jamba Juice slurp off.
cool.gif

I got it also Bullet. Rossi is da man.
Cool ass video.
Yeah, Rossi is the man as far as riding, and winning, but I gained a new respect for Kevin Schwantz. He just seemed to be the most "together" guy they interviewed. Seems like the kind of guy you could enjoy hangin' out with as much as you could enjoy watchin' him race a bike.
wink.gif
Rossi is funny to watch when he's cutting up, but there's just something about his personailty that I don't click with. Can't put my finger on exactly what it is though.
rock.gif

Italian attitudes!!!!!!!!!! I have the movie also and can't stop watching it.
Maybe that's it...
wink.gif
 As for not being able to stop... I'm about to start it up and watch it again. Hopefully the ice storm we're supposed to have tonight won't kill my power.
drooling3.gif
Bullet you must be somewhere close to Atlanta. Hope the power stays on long enough to watch both discs.
Your right about Rossi. But I don't idolize people in his shoes because they just don't live in the same world we do. Although watching him ride is another thing. He can make that Yammi or whatever he chooses to ride that day do ANYTHING.
bowdown.gif

I just watched the trailer and think I will be ordering it in the next couple days! Looks awesome!

Never heard of this one BT but I am going to follow your recommendation and see if I can get it tonight before fire shift.
smile.gif

Got my copy last July at Laguna for $15 I think, and in the words of Valentino... " is beddy beddy gooood and beddy beddy, uhhhh, how u say FAST?! "
biggrin.gif

I've only seen the trailer for it but it does look like a good one.

Italian attitudes!!!!!!!!!! I have the movie also and can't stop watching it.
Maybe that's it...
wink.gif
As for not being able to stop... I'm about to start it up and watch it again. Hopefully the ice storm we're supposed to have tonight won't kill my power.
drooling3.gif
Bullet you must be somewhere close to Atlanta. Hope the power stays on long enough to watch both discs.
Your right about Rossi. But I don't idolize people in his shoes because they just don't live in the same world we do. Although watching him ride is another thing. He can make that Yammi or whatever he chooses to ride that day do ANYTHING.
bowdown.gif
I'm about 40 miles west of Atl... out in the middle of nowhere.
wink.gif
The freezing rain is falling right now but I've still got power so far. I finished watchin' it again and even played with the interactive racing feature a little.
biggrin.gif

And you're right, I don't idolize any of them, but I do admire their abilities on a bike.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

Back