Finally got the bike to the track

BusaReds

Registered
Well finally got time to get the bike to the track and just in time for the MIROCK race coming next weekend.....
I went to MIR (Budds Creek) Friday night with one goal.......
"not to run any 10's all passes in the 9's"
Now I used to be an avid drag racer for about 5 years up till 1997 when i sold everything and havent been on a track or owned a bike since then.  I used to race a 74 Kaw  KZ1000  with a 10" over arm and usually ran 8.90's.
So I am not a rookie...... just riding a new bike and trying to figure out the Busa on the track after a 8 year layoff.

My bike is a Brock Davidson set up deal at stock wheel base and 1800 miles on it.  Stock motor.  And there was a stiff head wind Friday night.  And i weigh 192 Butt Naked......

1st pass off the trailer.....and worst of the night.......
R/T  .004
60    1.685
330   4.292
1/8    6.439
MPH   115.19
1000   8.288
ET      9.857
MPH    143.19

Best pass..........
R/T     .077
60      1.618
330     4.147
1/8      6.221
MPH     118.08
1000     8.030
ET        9.567
MPH      146.19

Saturday I went to another local track  Capitol Raceway in Crofton, MD.
The head winds were even worst than Friday night.
I had improvements in my 60's but the wind just killed my  bottom half of the runs......
Here's my best from Saturday.......

R/T    .502
60      1.574
330     4.105
1/8     6.192
MPH    118.20
1000    8.001
ET       9.545
MPH     146.00

Now lookin at video my wife filmed I have a lot of tightening up to do in my launches.  Too much movement which is upsetting the bike and my smooth launches.
I guess I'll work on it Friday night and try and have my game tight by Sat and Sun and the MIROCK race....

Having a Blast........

<!--EDIT|BusaReds
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115904137 -->

Very good BusaReds ... I'll be rolling down to Budds Creek this weekend to watch the races, so I'll try and look you up?

Hey Sage.......Yeah I'll be around......  Right now it looks like I will do Fri nite and Sunday.......
I dont wanna spend the whole weekend at the track so Saturday I am gonna try and get some stuff done around the house.  And wanna be sure to be there for the pro class finals.......

I am gonna run Street ET and Pro ET classes.......

<!--EDIT|BusaReds
Reason for Edit: None given...|1115684318 -->

Dude I live in the bushes LOL no cable or DSL internet
sorry a$$ed dial up only. it would take eternity for that to happen. LOL
DirectTV just made there prices a little more reasonable so I may be lookin into that soon......

my style is 2300rpm clutch lever on 4. find the sweet spot in the clutch on the last yellow smash the throttle WOT and modulate the clutch and release it as fast a possible.

my style is    2300rpm  clutch lever on 4.    find the sweet spot in the clutch on the last yellow smash the throttle WOT and modulate the clutch and release it as fast a possible.
Wish I had the Brock set-up. With stock set-up, I have to launch at 6500 or the 60's goto crap...well, they are anyways, but they are even worse at lower RPMs.

Cobra Steve........no you dont
I launched my cousins stock 04 Busa stock height the same way. 2000-2400 rpm and smash it.
The Busa's has a very user friendly torque band....... Use It.
Make it grunt out of the hole, Not scream out of the hole.

If you cant leave like this the problem 80% of the time is that once you start to let the clutch out you are not rollin on the throttle. The other 20% of errors in leaving is that once the tree starts to come down riders normally let the rpms fall from where they were holding it when they staged because you start to concentrate on the tree.

All at once........... throttle roll and clutch out "SMOOTH AND LIKE YOU MEAN IT"

Just my 2 cents. With a stock pipe or small tube aftermarket pipe, you can launch just about right off idle with little clutch modulation. Even with the Brock set up I launch at 1800 with very little clutch slippage. I've gone 9.49 @146 & 1.54 60' with a Muzzy pipe and a 9.40 @147 &1.54 60' with the brock set up. Remember "smooth is fast!"

Excellent passes!
wink.gif

so with brocks ultra clutch mod you dont have to rev up high as hell?

Thats some very cool info-- Question--my stock 01 had a stock clutch--it would growl and stall the engine----if the the revs were above 3k--i called it the railroad crossing killer. Now i have three clutch pieces made by Suzuki that replaces the innermost friction disc. A friction plate and a belville
spring and a thin flat washer--now i can slide the clutch out at whatever rpm i want--.Very cool to know that one could get into the 9's launching at 1800-2000k revs---INSTEAD of 6k revs and trying to modulate the slippage by hand...awsome!!! and thank you.
I also have the dream that my [FIRST PASS] would be into the NINES, like you did..
Mines slammed abit and have a PCII and a Ti Muzzy pipe....I hope to make some passes in 05.
Ps and of course with my little GIVI bags on the scoot. Also my coworkers think i'm nuts.
I went 158 gps on the way to work today at 0515 in 5th--ahhh Adrenillin.
And to ad--very cool ET' my friend--gotta love the old Busa--starting my 4th year on it and she NEVER dissapoints me.
wow.gif

Well finally got time to get the bike to the track and just in time for the MIROCK race coming next weekend.....
I went to MIR (Budds Creek) Friday night with one goal.......
"not to run any 10's all passes in the 9's"
Now I used to be an avid drag racer for about 5 years up till 1997 when i sold everything and havent been on a track or owned a bike since then.  I used to race a 74 Kaw  KZ1000  with a 10" over arm and usually ran 8.90's.
So I am not a rookie...... just riding a new bike and trying to figure out the Busa on the track after a 8 year layoff.

My bike is a Brock Davidson set up deal at stock wheel base and 1800 miles on it.  Stock motor.  And there was a stiff head wind Friday night.  And i weigh 192 Butt Naked......

1st pass off the trailer.....and worst of the night.......
R/T  .004
60    1.685
330   4.292
1/8    6.439
MPH   115.19
1000   8.288
ET      9.857
MPH    143.19

Best pass..........
R/T     .077
60      1.618
330     4.147
1/8      6.221
MPH     118.08
1000     8.030
ET        9.567
MPH      146.19

Saturday I went to another local track  Capitol Raceway in Crofton, MD.
The head winds were even worst than Friday night.
I had improvements in my 60's but the wind just killed my  bottom half of the runs......
Here's my best from Saturday.......

R/T    .502
60      1.574
330     4.105
1/8     6.192
MPH    118.20
1000    8.001
ET       9.545
MPH     146.00

Now lookin at video my wife filmed I have a lot of tightening up to do in my launches.  Too much movement which is upsetting the bike and my smooth launches.
I guess I'll work on it Friday night and try and have my game tight by Sat and Sun and the MIROCK race....

Having a Blast........
What sort of altitude are you at at your local track?

The rock is in NC not to high i think about sea level or a little above huh

I just came from the track, first time this season as well, at 3500ft above sea level, i hit 10.5@134.7mph, its still a bit chilly and with 15psi air in the tire, pilot road, slick crappy track the 60ft were 1.8..(RS-3 Yosh with K&N, stock ride height). I already with my first run got a warning, if i hit 135mph, i need my IHRA licence.

I already with my first run got a warning, if i hit 135mph, i need my IHRA licence.
What track is this at? Here at gateway its 9.99 or better you need a license. i dont see how you would do the license thing anyway cause you have to do 9 passes and if your not consistant you wont get into the 9s or over 135 everytime

Back