Finally got the Big Bird Installed

T5eater

Registered
Big thanks to Johnnycheese.  Dropped the bike off with him last week, and picked it up yesterday.  After finally talking myself out of having him put the ghetto kit he had at his shop on my bike, I went ahead and had him put my Big Bird on.  Got the 4 : 2 : 1 Low Mount Big Bird with Carbon Can.  Bike made roughly 154-155hp stock, and after the Big Bird install and map it made 170.4 hp corrected and 100.5 tq.  In case anyone was wondering the Big Bird is LOUD.  JohnnyCheese was right, nothing sounds like a Big Bird.  I am happy as can be.  Now to start saving for the turbo in the spring.

<!--EDIT|T5eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097599406 -->

Pics I say PICS..
smile.gif

I'll try and take some pics this evening. I know how big of a hastle it was for me to try and find ANY pics of this system on a bike before I bought mine. Hopefully I'll be able to post them this evening.

you forgot your copy of the map and the graphs.
If you have trouble posting send them to me I can. also do you want me to post the before and after graph?

i wanna see it! c'mon johnny post a pic!

JP

<!--EDIT|UNDRPSI
Reason for Edit: None given...|1097638779 -->

you forgot your copy of the map and the graphs.
If you have trouble posting send them to me I can. also do you want me to post the before and after graph?
John,

I'll try to stop by Saturday sometime and get a copy of the map and dyno graphs from you. If you don't mind, could you post a before and after graph up here in the meantime though?

I still haven't gotten a chance to take pics of the pipe. Hopefully I will get a chance in the next day or so.

..post some pics man, you got me on the edge of my seat!..

I lost it recently on ebay for a ridiculous amount - should have known better..
sad.gif

I'll try and get pics tonight. Things have been hectic the past couple of days.

I also forgot to mention that this thing feels like a BEAST with this exhaust on it. Traction was never a problem before except on slick pavement. It is now. Almost any pavement in 1st it wants to spin. Also, since I lowered the bike, it did NOT want to wheelie at all. It took quite a bit of coaxing (including me sliding my 240lb behind all the way back to the hump). Yesterday I hung it open, and even with my slid all the way up on the tank, the front end came up. That's only the second time I've had it come up on me "accidentally" since I've owned the bike. Definately the first time its happened since I lowered the bike.

jaredfinal.jpg

final numbers but the std is wrong the real numbers should be
170.5hp and 101.5 torque
SAE

Std would be higher

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: "can't speel"|1097686688 -->

Back