Finally got tagged by chp

Good comments all of youz, thanks. I am probly going to do the traffic school online, weird Calif thing. We didnt have that option in Hawaii either. Last tag in Hilo a few years ago, I did however write a letter to the judge and explained I was an upstanding 40 year old business owner in the community not a punk ... blah blah blah
blush.gif
and he knocked the fine down about a 1/3.

I emailed a busa buddy LEO who lives in the next town ( fellow board member too ) and he suggested traffic school. There is also ticketassasin.com and other online how too's but I wouldnt be experimenting with things of such import. Anyone remember Kerberos who used to hang out around the board? He claimed he went to court many times to fight tickets and after awhile the court would just dismiss him because of all the hassle ...
rock.gif
kinda odd
rock.gif

I will let ya know what the total fine is when it comes in the mail and what the local atty says.

rock.gif

Oh and here's a lil story ( ya'll gather round ...
tounge.gif
: my buddy in Seattle went to traffic court a few years ago and noticed an attorney seated up front and as various cases came up this guy would get each case deferred, dismissed and so ... So when an oportunity comes along he ambles up there and ask's the guy "whats up?" The atty takes a look at his ticket, says it will cost him about $250. My buddy says ok. His item comes up the atty spouts afew technicalities and the case gets dismissed. My friend has since used the same guy 4 or 5 times in the last few years and gotten away clean every time.

Anyone else here used a lawyer?

gota love CHP i got poped last week 70in a 55mph. he let me go. just do traffic school online its simple. thats what i did when i got a 94 in 65 on hwy 50.

There are a lot of things to consider here. First and foremost IMO, fight every ticket you get, for many reasons. First, you don't know how many you're going to get in the future and it would be a waste to use it on this one if the next is a big one. Also, if everyone rolls over and pays up, they'll hand out even more. The traffic school isn't cheap.

I got a reckless (120mph wheelie in a 45) dropped down to a speeding and did traffic school, good thing I didn't use that one up on something trivial. Total cost was 2200 bux. Reckless is a big hit on the insurance and stays for 7 years, it was worth the money.

Do a trial by written declaration, (use ticketassasin.com, I'm not sure how long the membership lasts) I got the form for free, and it worked, got out of a 70 in a 45 just by saying "I didn't do it". Why it works, it makes the cop fill out paper work that he earns no extra money for doing. It also gives him a second chance to let you off the hook.

If you call him an idiot for not putting the right date down, you can bet you'll lose, the judge will not find in your favor for insulting a cop by implying he's an idiot. They will just ammend the date. And then you'll just have em both pissed.

EVen after you contest it and lose, you can still ask for traffic school.

When being pulled over, the best thing you can say is "NOTHING", here's my license registration and insurance. If he asks you if you know how fast you're going, "the speed limit" is your answer, the less he remembers about you the better.

This also lets them know that you intend on fighting it without saying a word, they know you're a hard case and it'll go to court. They want easy money, not hard cases. I've been let off more times by saying nothing than trying to explain (admit guilt).

YMMV

Oh and here's a lil story ( ya'll gather round ...
tounge.gif
 : my buddy in Seattle went to traffic court a few years ago and noticed an attorney seated up front and as various cases came up this guy would get each case deferred, dismissed and so ... So when an oportunity comes along he ambles up there and ask's the guy "whats up?" The atty takes a look at his ticket, says it will cost him about $250. My buddy says ok. His item comes up the atty spouts afew technicalities and the case gets dismissed. My friend has since used the same guy 4 or 5 times in the last few years and gotten away clean every time.

Anyone else here used a lawyer?
Sounds like the judges might get a taste of every fee..

<!--EDIT|BusaSamurai
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149886046 -->

I like this idea on the techicality defense :

Your honor, is it the duty of a traffic officer to have powerful observation skills?

Yes, of course it.

Yet the officer was not even aware of what day of the week it was when he stopped me. This seems to illustrate the officer's lack of ability to observe the date/time calendar in his cruiser, does it not?

I suppose that is true.

You're damn right it is! Your honor, I feel my case must be dismissed, as how would an officer who was not even able to observe what day it is, be able to accurately observe my speed?

Absolutely right,   - gavel slams - case dismissed!

jump9.gif
Been there done that date does not matter i asked the judge a simialer question about a date mistake 2days off the judge asked me if i was speeding .Well we know how the story ends 21 over ticket reduced to a 14 over .Pay and leave .. most time they will reduce to just under the rekless driving speed all they really want is your fine money .as far as the fact that he got all 3 of you ...you did say they was following you close so there you go dont know why they can do it but they do.... they have the badge we dont . Best advice if you are that worried about it get a Traffic lawyer and let him have it took care of cost a little more but most times can get it kept off your license ...

If its a big ticket get a lawyer. I paid a lawyer $100.00 and he made my last ticket go away . No points and no court appearances.

TAKE IT TO COURT, THIS HAPPENED TO ME & 7 OTHERS ON A RIDE TO OCEAN CITY, MARYLAND. THE STATE TROOPER SAID THE LOWEST SPEED WAS 92 MPH. SO I CAN'T TELL THE FASTEST SPEED. THE JUDGE ASKED THE SAME QUESTION. OF COUSRE THE TROOPER HAD EGG ON HIS FACE. SO NEXT TIME DON'T STOP.
laugh.gif
JUST KIDDING BE SAFE !!!!!!!!!!

<!--EDIT|DC TONY
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149955861 -->

Back