Finally got my new Gixx1K

gtrpimp76

S.Q.U.I.D. Extraordinaire
Donating Member
Registered
See what happens when you get too addicted to the track and wanna take it to the next level? My Busa got replaced with one of these...

ryangixx3-1.jpg

ryangixx-1.jpg

ryangixx2-1.jpg

Mods coming soon...Full Yoshi RS-3 CF exhaust, PCIIIUSB, Puig Windscreen, Vortex adjustable rearsets, Dunlop Qualifiers or Michelin Racing Slicks.

Might I add: Slipper Clutch rules!!! Downshifting from higher gears/High rpms/speed I was able to bang down several gears really quick (still blipped throttle though) and silky smooth!! No rear chatter at all and very controllable.

Gear Indicator: Need I say more. Very useful tool especially in the canyons.

Light weight: very flickable. High speed directions changes are a cinch.

Brakes: Very good OEM brakes. I'm still gonna upgrade them anyways but latebraking racing is the new thang...
cool.gif

downer: no analog gas guage. You don't know how much is left in the tank until the "Low Fuel" light starts blinking at you.

Torque: Low end grunt is missing. But that's the trade off if you wanna go down to a literbike.

BEAUTIFUL BIKE!!!!! You will have tons of fun with it, But you will miss taking the Busa out periodically! If at all possible you may consider keeping both, if it's not to late!

By the way, whereabouts in Ca are you located, anywhere near Willow Springs or Buttonwillow?

(heavybusa @ Sep. 12 2006,11:34) be careful, that is one he11 of a weapon.
I hear you on that one.

The thing likes to wheelie all the time. I have to compensate my body positioning a little to keep that front down.

Also the rearwheel loves to break loose very easily. Again, moving that butt back a little to get the weight to the rearwheel takes some getting used to.

The massive busa torque IS NOT THERE and that is immediately noticeable. But midrange/top end is UNREAL!!!

(Director @ Sep. 12 2006,11:37) By the way, whereabouts in Ca are you located, anywhere near Willow Springs or Buttonwillow?
Apple Valley area. I'm about 1 1/2 hrs from Willow Springs. Next track day for me is Fastrackriders.com @ California Speedway AMA track. I usually do Level 2 but I may bump down to Level 1 just to get used to the new weapon.

I just picked up a k6 about 4 months ago and love it keep the busa though for the long hauls your gonna love that beast
beerchug.gif

(ozz @ Sep. 12 2006,11:43) I just picked up a k6 about 4 months ago and love it    keep the busa though for the long hauls    your gonna love that beast
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

Thanx Ozz. But I had to sell the Busa to get the Gixx. Finances for me will only support one bike + parts + trackdays/racing fees. But as soon as the opportunity opens up, I WILL GET ANOTHER BUSA. You have my word.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

I feel ya im getting my GSXR750 sat for the same reason im addicted to track days. Good luck. Im trying to keep my Busa well see.

Thought about getting one of those myself and that was the color I wanted. Very nice!
super.gif

(gtrpimp76 @ Sep. 12 2006,19:39)
(Director @ Sep. 12 2006,11:37) By the way, whereabouts in Ca are you located, anywhere near Willow Springs or Buttonwillow?
Apple Valley area. I'm about 1 1/2 hrs from Willow Springs. Next track day for me is Fastrackriders.com @ California Speedway AMA track. I usually do Level 2 but I may bump down to Level 1 just to get used to the new weapon.
Are you planning on October 14-15th or November 25-26th @ California Speedway AMA track,

You also need to think about taking that Beast to the Spring Mountain Track in Pahrump, Just North of Vegas. I believe Sat. November 18th with Take it 2 the Track still has openings, will be our 1st time there, but it is allowable to start the day in the level 1 category and move up to 2, just let them know that is your intentions and they accomodate, See link below:

http://www.takeit2thetrack.net/events.html

I have one of those Evil Machines and dearly love it. It will draw you to the track like a moth to a flame.

Congrats man! But be careful on that beast. It's a ton of fun but it will bite you in the arse if you get cocky.

Congrats,

I was at the dealership today sitting on one just like it. ITs my favorite color of the gixer 1k.

Hmmm , now I m really thinking hard .
smile.gif

Now accepting offers on the Busa.
smile.gif

smile.gif

Hmmm maybe in a year or two I would loved to spluge on a 1k....I love riding my brothers. He has that exact one. With a Yoshi carbon fiber pipe. He is looking to add a PC3 but that will prob be for x-mas. Congrats on the bike man.

Congrats big daddy! Ya beat me to it!

Wifey is not yet sold on 3 bikes in the garage and I aint getting rid of the Busa or the ST.

Back