Finally got my busa

JuiceSC

Registered
Just dropping in to say "hello". I've always wanted a busa just took a while.
biggrin.gif
Heck, I wanted a Vmax in 85, but took 10 years before I finally got one. Anyway, I picked up an '06 Blue&Silver, and its everything I expected it to be.
biggrin.gif
It makes a nice addition to the Max and my 99 750 which will likely become a 'track only' toy now. I also open track a supercharged 91 GT, but thats another story.

Now for a question in general about the bike. Since I've been looking for a busa, I've noticed that most of the used ones are hacked up. Lowered, extended swingarms, etc. It's much like the stangs, try to find an unmolested one used. I mean this bike is plenty fast as it is, and runs great as-is. And after reading up on the TRE, my only reason to get one is to lose the govenor. And now that I think about it, when will I ever even go anywhere near 186mph? I like my license thnx.
biggrin.gif
I got trapps on the max, and yosh can on the gixxer. I'm keeping the busa totally stock except for some minor cosmetic mods. Read:stealth.

Ps: Its damn hard to keep this thing under 100
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Pics are still on my cannon digi, I can't locate my usb cable.  
crazy.gif

No worries mates, I have the respect for the bike. I've got 30+ years of riding experience. I've owned an H1 at 18 yrs of age and been track riding gsxrs for 10+ years now.

I live by the rule that: I'm invisble out there AND every cager is out to kill me on purpose. Situational awareness is key to surviving on the roads today.

(JuiceSC @ Mar. 15 2007,13:45) I live by the rule that: I'm invisble out there AND every cager is out to kill me on purpose. Situational awareness is key to surviving on the roads today.
Welcome to the .Org and that's a good rule to ride by !
wink.gif

Welcome! I had a 98 v-max. I loved and hated that bike. It was the worst handling bike I have ever owned. Eventually the hate won out and I ended up with a busa myself.

1998_Yamaha_V_max.jpg

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
Glad to have you at the org. Lots of good peeps and info here. I'm with you as far as keeping the busa stock. I'm not into hacking up the rear fender etc., but I have made a few mods to make the bike more comfy on the longer runs. I have installed a double bubble windshield, Harris gel grips, throttlemeister cruise, TL1000 pegs to lower them a bit and a few cosmetic thinks like a tank pad, smoke front turn signal lenses, billit clutch and brake covers. I have also done the standard things like removing the reflectors and stickers. The latest thing I did was to put a pair of Tsukigi cans on it, not too loud and they sound real mellow. I have kept every stock part, so I could put it back to stock in short order if I want to. Enjoy your new bike, they are awesome!

landmissle,  While I agree the max is not a sport bike, I don't feel it handles all that bad. But, it is a totally different ride vs a gsxr! I've got some work to do on my 91 max. Carbs,fork seals, new battery for this season. It may be slow compared to the busa, and it may not corner all that well. (but I make it corner anyway LOL) There is nothing that sounds like a Vmax out there, and I like that.  
beerchug.gif

Now, where the heck is my usb cable for my camera. :mad:

Pictures here, just not of the busa yet.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
and congrats on owning the fastest color, '06 Blue/GREY (not silver, look at the 05 you'll see the difference!)
super.gif

Just cause some bikes have stretched swingarms, exhaust and other stuff doesn't mean we have "hacked up" stuff. I have all the things listed above done to mine.

Actually, if you know what your looking for, you can save a boatload of cash buying a bike used that has some stuff done to it. You can't always assumed it has been ragged out because it's modded.
Welcome to the board.

Back