Finally got my 09Busa Dyno'd, Tuned and PVC Mapped

ChinoCIA

Registered
This was at a Dyno shootout that was hosted by a local bike club for highest HP per class according to CC's. I was #20 and came in second place with 173.89hp. FYI all I had was my full brocks that's it.
DynoShootout.jpg

Now the red line obviously means baseline numbers.....I think....I'm still new to all this. 180.19hp is with a brand new PCV without a map.
And the blue line is after mapping and tuning the PCV. Which ended up getting 184.10. Humidity in Hawaii is always high no way around that.
DynoTune.jpg

So 173.89 before PC. 180.19 After PC w/o map. To 184.10 after mapping and tuning.......... 11hp gain seems legit. I typed out the #'s just in case the pic is too small. Should I have expected larger gains? Thank you for any insight and wisdom you can impart. :please:

DynoShootout.jpg

DynoTune.jpg

:dunno: gurus might show up, but I don't understand how you pick up 7 RWHP by adding a PC with no map, and 4 additional RWHP with a tune. Did you mean adding the pipe and PC or was the PC in auto tune and give you the gain of 7 RWHP ?

Was the baseline done after the pipe was installed ?

Pipe was on bike when I bought it. Didn't have a PCV yet. Took it to a dyno competition and got 173hp. Fast forward a few months.........got a brand new PCV, K&N filter, PAIR Block off plates and Iridium spark plugs which I installed myself. Then took it back to the same shop for the tune. I never uploaded a map to the PCV........How I went from 173 to 180 without a map confuses me too lol. 184.10 is after the custom mapping/tuning. :confused2:

I think it may have auto tuned. I don't know. A pro should jump in soon.

DO3, when you buy a powercommander over the counter, it comes with a map in it already. They do not have "zero maps". So he had some kind of map in there, obviously not totally correct, but enough to make a difference.

Ahhhh. Thank you for educating me. :beerchug:

What about my second question........ Should I have expected a larger rwhp gain?

Those K&N filters can be tricky. As long as you oiled it right and didn't reduce airflow I would have expected at least two more RWHP. Every bike is different but I'm thinking another tuner would have got 12 to 15 more at the rear wheel.

If it means that much to you, consider finding a tuner that has a rep for getting everything out of a Busa, and have them unleash that ECU too.

Back