Finally got a Busa!!!!

OB_leathalv6

Registered
Well I am finally an Official Busa owner.I bought it last Saturday.For everyone that thought that I wasnt serious about buying one I just wanted to say that it took me a little over 7 hours,in a FREAKING SNOWSTORM to get it.When I left last Saturday we had a Winter Storm Warning here in Indianapolis.I got caught in freezing rain,and sometimes it was snowing so heavy that visibility was down to about a car length ahead of me.I guess you could call it a white-out.When I finally made it back home the Busa looked pitiful.It was encased in ice and snow,it looked like a giant dirty ice cube....I tried covering it up but the wind was so bad that the blankets and plastic wouldnt stay on.Then came time to unload it and that was another job.6 inches of ice and snow in my driveway made for a tough time.After finally getting the bike unloaded,I looked at my girlfriend and said" you know where I am heading with this bike so go unlock the back door of the house".She kind of gave me one of those,you must be joking,your really not going to bring that thing inside are you??,but she went and unlocked the back door.Of course she was nice enough to lay down plastic and an extra piece of carpet that we had laying around.I rolled the bike around the house in 6 inches of the white stuff,and rolled it in the back room of the house.As soon as I shut the door I turned the heat up so that the poor thing could thaw out.It looked pretty sad covered in ice but you could see in a few minutes that the ice started to melt.There was water everywhere.I was grabbing every towel in the house,trying to sop up the puddles that were starting to form in the family room.Of course the girlfriend just looked at me like,hey thats our new towels,but she didnt say a word.So after a few hours in the house the bike was washed and dried from top to bottom.It went from a big ice cube to a nice and shiny Busa.The only thing that sucks was that I didnt get a chance to ride the bike at all.Now I have to wait until the weather cooperates to get a chance to ride it and see what all of you have been enjoying all this time.I sure hope I like it after getting stuck in a SNOW STORM going after it.
So you guys that were so worried about me and you know who you are,can now rest assured that I have finally found what I was after.And for everyone who tried helping me find one,I appreciate all your efforts!!!!

CONGRATZ on your new bike.....Sucks that you had to drive in bad weather to get it, though. But I am glad that you didn't get the one in Alabama...I would have been S.O.L. if you had.

iz

CONGRATZ on your new bike.....Sucks that you had to drive in bad weather to get it, though. But I am glad that you didn't get the one in Alabama...I would have been S.O.L. if you had.

iz

Congrats Lethal,

I have had mine since Christmas Eve and have only been able to put 300 mi on it and it is driving me nuts. I gotta get back to Dallas to bring it to Indy

leathalv6

Now that's true love, and they say true love lasts for ever!
I wish you and your new found love many miles of happiness.
Just don't neglect the other true love in your life :)

Ride Safe, Roberto

Dre68 & Roberto Jorge:
Thanks alot.I too hope I get many happy miles out of the Busa.I wish you guys the same.I have wanted one for a long time,just had to wait until I found the right bike.As soon as the weather breaks I will let you guys know what I think of it.

Be careful out there!!!!

[This message has been edited by leathalv6 (edited 14 March 2000).]

Congrats:

I know how you feel, I have had mine since Jan 3 and only have 200 miles on it. Had a streak of pretty weather, record highs as a matter of fact, but I had to work! That sucks!!

Way to go, Lethal!!
You are going to be very proud of your new baby. This bike is a rare kind of performer off the showroom floor. If you are into high performance vehicles, you can't afford to miss out on this one. You would hate yourself forever if you knew what you missed by not getting one of these. You don't have to worry about that now. I'm glad for you.

My "bonding experience" with mine was the 160-mile ride at night in February through the high desert with 40-degree temps. It was actually pretty easy, but would have been a lot easier if I had known about riding this baby in a tuck. When you do that, you are surrounded by an envelope of still air, and you don't get chilled even if you are lightly dressed. You have to watch your speed though...way too easy to be droning down the interstate at 110 mph like that...it feels like you are crawling. :)

One thing about the Busa, if it looks like it was well-cared for on the outside, you are probably good to go. The reason is that this thing is one tough SOB. It's built like a brick s h i t house. Even if it was given some hard use by the previous owner, this bike basically says "So what". It was made to take a licking and keep on ticking.

Mr Bear:
I am glad to hear that.The bike does look like its been taken care of so I suspect everything should be fine.At least I hope so.
I will keep you informed after I get to take it out.
take care.........

Mr Bear:
Thanks alot.I am definately in to high performance vehicles of any kind.That is my one true weakness.I cant wait to get out and ride and see exactly what I have been missing.I wish I could have ridden it sooner just to make sure there are no problems with it,but as clean and well cared for the bike is I am almost sure that it will be fine.The original owner told me he had all recalls done by Suzuki shop and that it ran fine.Now I am just waiting on some warm weather!!!
Take care.....

Back