Finally got a Busa

Thanks everyone for your help right off the bat. I have decided to prioritize my inevitable list of things to do before my next big trip. The systematic replies will help me do that. Thanks again, especially with the info on the Gas. One of the reasons I went with gen 1 was I heard you could still get away with using 87 octane. Since I didn't get a owners manual, your confirmation justified my decision. Premium gas is expensive in Canada.

Ok, for many parts you need to check out our sponsor Pa****. Hayabusa Parts Accessories Suzuki GSXR1300 A-Z Mod LIST | PashnitBusa.com
I bolded my answers to your questions in this quote. Welcome to the oRg. :welcome:

Last edited:
That's actually pretty cool. I had been running my own wiring using a chopped up radio shack adapter extender that has its own fuse with a switch. The solution you have maybe a little cleaner. I also was using marine cigarette adapters drilled in to the left side of the fairing but since this is my first bike w/o handlebars, I don't think I could put the hard mount on there. Clearance between the clip on bars and the fairing is too tight for some of the cig adapters that stick way out. The idea of using the area between the triple trees is interesting. I would wonder though if the zip ties would be secure enough especially if they expand and contract with heat and cold. I'll have to look into that. Great find though with the specialized wiring. Thanks!

1. Good place for cigarette lighter adapter.

Hard mount one in the dash area or zip tie it to your triple tree. I've also had them installed in the tail and a SAE plug under the seat (for battery tender) and a Coax plug in front of the seat (for electric vest).

Buy Now: Powerlet Wires & Connectors for Motorcycles, SAE, Coax, BMW Plugs | Pashnit Moto Products

3BR Powersports | USB Power Ports | Power Sport Vehicles - Motorcycle, Adventure Bike, Cruiser, ATV, Snowmobile | Pashnit Moto

View attachment 234549

View attachment 234550

View attachment 234551

View attachment 234552

View attachment 234553

View attachment 234554

I've also put a loose Cig Lighter outlet in the tail of the Busa.

View attachment 234555

View attachment 234556

View attachment 234557

Looks like you sold me on GIpro. I'll probably start looking for one of these, any tips on where I can get a good deal on the one with the ATRE? This is one of my need to get items. I'm curious how you mounted yours in the picture though, did you rig something for that?

There are two models to choose from: GIpro Gear Indicator w/ ATRE, or without the ATRE feature.

With the ATRE: Just plug it in.
Buy Now: GIpro GI Pro Gear Indicator Advanced TRE Suzuki and Kawasaki motorcycles | Pashnit Moto

View attachment 234560

View attachment 234561

And without the ATRE, called the X-Type, which also works on the Gen-I Busa, a bit more universal and a small amount of splicing. This one is also smaller in size.

Buy Now: Gear Indicator X-Type for Motorcycles from GIpro GPX | Pashnit Moto

View attachment 234562

This device looks like an awesome alternative to a full blown center stand. Thanks for the tip. I don't suppose paschnit bundles shipping? I already ordered the 'hump' trunk bolts and I didn't realize they charge for shipping. Also, do you guys think the spool 1 or the axle one, which is better you think?

The PackJack has been a popular alternative. To install the centerstand, you have to remove the belly wing.

View attachment 234563

View attachment 234564

Thanks for the offer. I think I'll go with the axle or spool jack that another poster suggested. I'll be able to use it with my other zukis that don't have center stands. I'm looking for heli bars though so if you have those for sale, let me know. Thanks.
Congrats and welcome to the madness. I've got a center stand, new for $110 shipped.

Welcome, an Congrats on the bike... if you really have one..... because without a pic your just tellin stories.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk

Your quite right, I'm trying to post pics, let me see if these work:
2011-11-06%2B09.27.27.jpg
2011-11-06%2B09.27.14.jpg
2011-11-06%2B09.26.56.jpg

I can see the photos in my preview but I'm not sure if they will work for everyone. Picasa has been changed a lot since they integrated with google + so the same tools to generate links of different sizes are not where they use to be. They may have removed that feature. Thanks for your patience with the pics. Unfortunately I have no GF to pose with pics, height matters with women :banghead:

I saw some info on using the hump as a 'trunk'. I also something about being able to do some trimming of the hump so that you can use it and the grab bar at the same time. I like having the grab bar on to help grab the bike when needed and yes I can pick up the weight if I have something to grab on. My gsx650f weighs almost if not more then the busa. I'll have to find a pattern to do this somewhere. If anyone has a link to a pattern for cutting out a groove to do this I'd appreciate it. Thanks. By the way, that's a pic of a neighbors bike, just kidn. :laugh:

The abundance of greetings and help is astounding on this board. I appreciate all of it and hope to meet all of you on the road some day.

:welcome: to the board even though you joined in '07 :laugh: glad you finally joined the dark side :beerchug:

Took a long time. I have been looking at busas for a while. I remember this board's previous iterations, I use to be a web developer. Had to wait till the price of a used one was reachable, gen 2 came out. Actually I was surprised to find my account still existing here when I came back after I finally got one. :thumbsup:

Back