Finally got a baseline dyno on my '03 Busa

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is my baseline at ~2550 miles on my '03 Busa. The bike is bone stock except for running last year's Synthetic oil (with about 1500 miles on it) and a semi-loose chain.

Now I get to put my full Hindle, K&N drop in, and PCIII on to see how it ranks.
beerchug.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
hate to say this but that is the lowest 03 I have seen. most are between 158-161 and I have had one that ran 153
First, it's a dynojet, not one of the other kinds. Second, it uses read air temp, barometric pressure, etc from a sensor not hand input.

If I were to have had him adjust it by hand, I could have easily put it in the upper 150's.. however, I wanted an accurate reading rather than high numbers for the sake of high numbers.
bluegrab.gif

Mine is a DJ250
was it strapped did you have air in the tire?
What gear? stock gearing? which tire?
and no I do not change anything just roll it up

Mine is a DJ250
was it strapped did you have air in the tire?
What gear? stock gearing? which tire?
and no I do not change anything just roll it up
DJ250 = Dynojet?

It was strapped down and the pressure was whatever was in it after sitting for the winter.

I believe it was dyno'd in 3rd gear and was very consistant.

The bike is BONE STOCK as far as performance goes (with old oil, but not high mileage). Stock rear tire as well.

How were the atmospheric readings taken on your dyno? Post a plot.

on a Dynojet 250 they are done by the weather station in the tower where the tach and A/F hooks up to.
If you did not check tire pressure (shame on dyno operator) that can hurt 15psi can be as much as 3HP
Also the pulls should have been in 4th with stock gearing (again shame on dyno operator) 3rd will not load the drum enough and you will get a low reading. add air and make sure it is done in 4th so you know what you have.

If you did not check tire pressure (shame on dyno operator) that can hurt 15psi can be as much as 3HP
Also the pulls should have been in 4th with stock gearing (again shame on dyno operator) 3rd will not load the drum enough and you will get a low reading. add air and make sure it is done in 4th so you know what you have.
Tires weren't that low if at all, definitely not 15psi low as I'd have noticed.

As for gearing, 3rd or 4th shouldn't make a difference as the dyno should calibrate based on speed accel and rpm accel. At least that's how it works with my cars.

Also you need a minumum of 3 pulls to get a real reading

yep 3rd to 4th is a difference and go to 5th and watch it climb
but yep there is a big differecnce
I had 4 pulls actually.. they were all VERY consistant (within 2whp / 2wtq of each other).  I only posted up the highest.
thumbs-up.gif

As for the gear.. the dyno should adjust accordingly.  I can't imagine a dynojet for a bike does it any different than a dynojet for a car.

:ps:  Post your plot or stop replying!  I'm happy with mine.
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|InsertOriginalNameHere
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084987358 -->

laugh.gif
from what I've read while being on here and sh.org everyone seems to dyno in 4th gear. cheese knows his shiat
cool.gif

I guessed on 3rd.. I know it wasn't 1, 2, 5, or 6. I wasn't personally on the bike on the dyno. So it quite possibly was 4th, either way.. no big deal.

It will be dyno'd the same after my exhaust and intake is put on so I'll have a good comparison regardless.

That is the lowest(healthy) Busa dyno sheet I have ever seen!  I would take it back and get a more accurate reading before you do any mods.  If your Busa is sick now, it will really hurt when you spend a lot of money on it and barely make stock power!
rock.gif

InsertOriginalNameHere,

In case you didn't know JohnnyCheese is one of the BEST Busa tuners in the World so........I would probably listen to what he says considering he "owns" one of those dynos and has probably dynoed more bikes than are on this forum!
wink.gif

But hey.......as long as your happy with those numbers that's all that matters.  Just thought you would be happier with a proper HP/TQ figure.  Mine pulled 157.6HP and 95.9TQ SAE on the same type dyno!

Josh
pirate.gif

<!--EDIT|Got-Busa?
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084990652 -->

what counts is what is does on the road.
not on the dyno.
mistake can be done on the dyno.
If he is going to use the same dyno, he still will see the improvements of the mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back