Finally did the gsxr1k tail swap!!

Lookin good!:beerchug: All U need to do is black out them rear sets and maybe some red accents on the rims and your set :whistle:

was actually thinking about black powdercoating the rearsets, and either doing a red rim stripe or powdercoating the rotors red......havent decided yet.

Bring up the dead, where did you put the rectifier at? Can you take a pic without the pillion cover so I can tell how to run wires under there? Thanks

There is a relocation kit for the Busa, that mounts the rectifier on the throttle side of the sub frame, about mid way.
On the outside of the subframe.
So it's not visible with the tail on.
I think Blancabusaless had pics or video for the Busa tail.
The gsxr location should be the same.
I've never put a 1k tail on a Busa, but have had the tail off several gens of the 1k, and there is room.
Sorry, all I got.

There is a relocation kit for the Busa, that mounts the rectifier on the throttle side of the sub frame, about mid way.
On the outside of the subframe.
So it's not visible with the tail on.
I think Blancabusaless had pics or video for the Busa tail.
The gsxr location should be the same.
I've never put a 1k tail on a Busa, but have had the tail off several gens of the 1k, and there is room.
Sorry, all I got.
Like sixpack stated, there is room on the small “side pods”. I left mine in the stock location when I did my tail swap, but I’ve seen pictures of someone cutting the cooling fins slightly to make it fit under the fairings on the gsxr 1000 tail conversion.

Thanks for the responses. Ill look more into it tomorrow when I pull it back apart and clean up the wiring.

Back