Finally did a top speed run on GPS

05busa05busa05

Donating Member
Registered
Bone stock 05 LE.

topspeed.JPG

I Wish my GPS had a max speed option.
blush.gif
I've seen 190-195 on the speedo a few times with my 05LE. What a rush.
tounge.gif

If anyone knows about what that is in true speed I'd appreciate it.

Just so everyone knows I put a older 220 gauge cluster on my bike. Didn't want to get flamed.

<!--EDIT|Bergster
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135649931 -->

I actually did several runs and each time I would hit the 186 spot on the speedo somewhere around 9700 rpms......it didn't get north of 180 on the gps until I was above 10200 and the 184mph came around 10600. Even though I have heard all the stories, I was really disappointed to find that my speedo is WAY off.....when I'm doing 80 on the speedo I'm really doing 75 and 180 is really 170......my guess even though i wasn't looking down at the speedo is that the 186 mark on the speedo is really about 172 to 174 on my bike.

I Wish my GPS had a max speed option.
blush.gif
 I've seen 190-195 on the speedo a few times with my 05LE.  What a rush.  
tounge.gif

If anyone knows about what that is in true speed I'd appreciate it.

Just so everyone knows I put a older 220 gauge cluster on my bike.  Didn't want to get flamed.
Then you speedo is WAAAAYYYY off...

195 on a bike factory setup for 185 is really like 155...
wink.gif

I actually did several runs and each time I would hit the 186 spot on the speedo somewhere around 9700 rpms......it didn't get north of 180 on the gps until I was above 10200 and the 184mph came around 10600.
I don't mean to be funny, but do you have a TRE? I'm asking because I never got over 10,200 rpm's. On the road I do my runs on, I still have over a full mile of straight road after hitting 10,200. Even so, it has never gone past that.

spigga....no TRE, just two miles and a prayer for safety. I think one thing that may have helped is the fact that i'm 5'9" and weigh somewhere between 185 and 190 with full gear.

Was that with the tail hump or passenger seat?

Once you get a TRE, try with and without and you will notice a few MPH difference with the hump.
wink.gif

Back