Finally Bought my Second Bike

OneTrueRider

Registered
I have been looking for a second bike for a long time and spent hundreds of hours researching reviews, specs, etc. Even to the point of being obsessive about it. I've always been anti Harley image and thought why would you pay for that when you get so much more for less with the metric bikes. My Wife wanted another GL1800 for the comfort and style. But I knew with our schedule that there aren't any long tours in our near future and didn't want the bulk of the Wing around town.

So I decided to buy what I had always liked, but couldn't justify. I bought a 2011 Road King w/security, abs, cruise, etc. The dealer gave me a great deal, well below MSRP and a huge discount on anything I buy for the next 3 months.

It's not high tech or high performance and it's not trying to be. We wear full face helmets and gear all the time and don't buy into the biker lifestyle BS. You'll never see my bike at a bar and I can't stand loud pipes. I don't have a leather vest, tattoos, or a leash on my wallet. To me the bike is similar to owning a classic car.

The one thing that I can say about the bike is that it is an absolute blast to ride. I can't really explain why, it just is.

Bash me if you like but every bike has it's pros and cons. The biggest factor in bike selection is "what do you want the bike to do" I am fortunate that I am in a position to have what I think is the best of both worlds - performance and style.

IMG_1041.jpg

im not a Harley guy but can appriciate a good lookin bike and I know what you are saying about the best of both worlds. it's nice to have a bike for a specific purpose. hope you enjoy it and be safe man:thumbsup:

it's your bike so if you are happy, that is all that matters...congrats on finding and being able to purchase what you like :beerchug:

Nice looking bike. Nothing wrong with that. Each bike has it's own purpose. Besides my 06 Limited Busa I have a 05 Texas Chopper, 08 Goldwing, and an 08 Limited M109. It depends on where I'm going or what I'm doing as to which bike I ride.

Great looking bike. Got one of each sitting in the garage myself:thumbsup:

I would have bought a new Wing...but it's YOUR bike...enjoy!
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice looking ride :thumbsup: WTH is that parked in front of it :laugh:

Congrats man, enjoy and be safe out there :beerchug:

"If I had to explain, you wouldn't understand."

But I think you explained pretty d@mnd well! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Back