Finally, Autcom to its fullest potential.

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I installed an autocom early last year, but never had a good gps unit to make the system work. Wow, was I missing out. I used to have a mount on my dash for my phone, another mount for the gps, and I hard wired the phone from the head phone jack to the music input on the autocom. This worked, but not very well and I never had clear communication with my phone. During long trips, it was nice to be able to handle business when needed. Being on call and with my line of work I need to be able to be reached. So I finally installed a Garmin Zumo 660 (actually a bmw motorrad nav IV) and cradle. I can now swap my gps from the beemer to the busa. What sucks is I actually have more functionality on the busa because of the limitations bmw put in their bikes. But thats another story.
So, bluetooth my phone to the zumo, audio output from the zumo to the gps input on the autocom, ipod or iphone hard wired to the stereo input on the autocom, along with the 2 way radio, it all works seamlessly and I have crystal clear communications, phone, music, passenger intercom, and gps directions in my helmet. I can control my phone and audio volumes from the gps and have my phone in the tank bag connected to a 3BR usb port. If anyone is riding the fence on an autocom, do it, you wont regret it. Special thanks to Captain for your help and support with this system. This could not have done this without you. :beerchug:

I have no experience with ANY of this in a helmet...ever.
I'm just curious as to how it is with wind noise?
Is wind noise an issue at all?
If you're talking on your phone I would think you may be able to hear ok; but can who you're talking to hear you clearly over the wind?

I have no experience with ANY of this in a helmet...ever.
I'm just curious as to how it is with wind noise?
Is wind noise an issue at all?
If you're talking on your phone I would think you may be able to hear ok; but can who you're talking to hear you clearly over the wind?

Wind is not an issue, and the person on the other end doesn't know you are on a bike.

Sent from my Ford F-150 using Forum Runner

welcome to the club, bro :beerchug:

next, i'll teach you how to make it so only Cap gets a lot of interference from your communications so he'll leave you alone...otherwise, he'll be calling you every time Uncle Steve hangs up on him :rofl: j/k Cap, thanks for all your help on Lucy too :bowdown:

Back