Finally after a long search… copper/silver

thats just silly money. one just sold here in the UK with just under 8,000 miles for £7995 which is 9,300 euros. Also the one before that sold for £5,500 with 18,000 miles

Last edited:
thats just silly money. one just sold here in the UK with just under 8,000 miles for £7995 which is 9,300 euros. Also the one before that sold for £5,500 with 18,000 miles
It’s just what the madman is willing to give for it. Someone I know had done an offer of €12.500 but they don't want to go below €14000.
There are collectors out there that are willing it for any price. Have you seen the other bikes they are selling? Motorbikes

Speaking of silly money, look at the price tag on this one!

Hello guys and dolls, I’m new to the forum.
After a long search, I finally managed to found a copper/silver gen 1, one from the first owner with only 4000 miles/6500 kms. I’m not only very happy with it but I’m also aware that I’m very lucky to have found an unscratched and totally original one with only a few mileage. They‘re becoming very rare!
Enjoy the pictures:beerchug:

View attachment 1656868

View attachment 1656869

View attachment 1656870

View attachment 1656871

View attachment 1656872

View attachment 1656873

View attachment 1656874

View attachment 1656875

View attachment 1656876

View attachment 1656877

View attachment 1656878

View attachment 1656879

View attachment 1656880

View attachment 1656882

View attachment 1656883

View attachment 1656884

View attachment 1656885

View attachment 1656886

View attachment 1656887

View attachment 1656888

View attachment 1656889

View attachment 1656891
Wow, what a find!!
Can you give us a bit of the backstory on how you found it, and it's history please?
We would all be very interested I think.

Ok you asked for it.
Sorry that my english is not perfect, but I guess your dutch isn’t that good either:poke:

Afther a long search on different websites, almost daily, suddenly came across one that was advertised in a shop in Brussels, a shop that only sells second hand bikes. The advertised pictures looked great and the mileage was only 6800 km. That was the only thing that made me suspicious. Saw it on the webside on thursday, went immediately to the shop on saturday. Hoping that I wasn’t to late.

And there it was, the bike in real life... got struck by lightning. I fell on my knees, people must have thought that I was praying for it, but I was only checking in every little corner and underneath the bike, lookin for the slightest imperfection. But couldn’t find one. It looked like it just came out of the crate. No Chinese fairings or what so ever. Not one little stone shipping (or how you call the little stone hits). The only blemish was a cut out on the front guard by forgetting a disclock. Ok that's something that can happen to anyone.

But man, this bike was not screamin… ‘why me’ but ‘buy me’.
The only parts that weren’t standard was the rear hugger, the windscreen and some ugly gold painted bar weights and some race mufflers.
But luckely the original exhausts came with the bike and were brand new.

Afther inspecting the papers, only one owner, were all complete. Even the bill of the first inspection on 1000 km in 1999. Since then no further inspections. Aaaw… that’s been a long time.
But ok, the seller saw immediatly that I was interested and proposed to fire it up, I said, yes sire please. And guess what, a flat battery, oh no not that, but ok that’s not the end of the world. Then he got a boost charger and the thing immediatly fired up and it sounded great.

Now it was just a matter of negotiating the price. Aawch again, that was painfull, something has to be taken off the price.
But that is something that I have to negotiate with the owner, the seller said. I call you within a few days and I let you know. Your the one with the first option.

Afther a restless weekend, I got thinking, no matter what the price will be, a discount or not, I’ll buy the mother fu**er. I won't get another chance like that.

Two days later, no call, damned… call me…
Third day, no call… Ok I call.
Ooooh yes, the Hayabusa? Yes sire, o my got don’t tell me that it’s been sold. No no, don’t worry, but sorry, the owner won’t do anything about the price. He’s got time, it's only for sale for a few days.
But you know what, I will take 200 euro’s off, the seller said.
Ok, and a new battery I said. I’ll come and collect it saturday.

That’s the first part of the story.
And I can tell you, there is more to tell about because the sun don’t always shines.
B47DDB85-0950-4521-9230-1DC785A05B22.jpeg

As for the Desmosidici, how about this one?
And this one :p

Back