FINAL DESTINATION

youngtrump

Registered
I decided to post this because this is something that I think about sometimes when I think I am safe, and always think about before I ride, even to the corner store for gas! I have trained my brain to do this in milliseconds, but none of us are perfect. I think about how to keep myself safe in every possible way, but I will stick to this as it relates to bikes. I wonder if this will be my last ride, and if so, where is my FINAL DESTINATION? What will lead up to it? We all know those whom tell us all the time that bikes are dangerous, they arent safe...etc. They all know someone that was killed or almost killed on one! They just saw on the news that someone on a bike was........My mother-in-laws brothers wifes nephew had one and he almost died because he.....etc. I tell you it is never nice to hear that kind of news, and If you are like me, you ask these folks when was the last time you seen a fatal car accident, airplane, people comming home to find someone has driven into their home..? But deep down, you really do think about it, maybe not then, but later on it may hit you, earlier some D@#K cut in front of you and it was close..could they be right, nah we think, if we stop then they win and they say we knew you would come to your senses. if you lay it down, even just a little, they say we told you so, next time it could be worst, or they say it wont be a next time! How many of you start to ask yourself questions like these after you get home at the end of the day.....Did I approach a few intersections today without slowing down?...After I left the gym, were my tires warm enough before I leaned that sweeping turn?..I remember seeing a worktruck in front of me in the next lane, I know a few tiny dirtrocks hit the windscreen and the faceshield, but did I spend too much time back there, what if a pipe wrench fell off, or that ladder?...Did I spend too much behind the SUV on the freeway, he could run over a ladder, blown tire etc. a car would probably swerv and get me a warning, but the SUV would not blink, but it would take me out...Oh s@#t something is tapping my helmet on the side, S#@t, I forgot to hook up the chinstrap....HOLY JESUS, that car just blew past me at atleast 85, I wasnt looking in my F#@king mirror, he could have sent me packing to see great grandma! You could have killed yourself, maybe more than once for lack of focus! Any of these things could have meant certain death, but sometimes we dont think about these things because we forget that we are on a bike, and think people see us we even sometimes notice they are checking out the bike!!! Pretty cool huh!!, he, she, they think my bike is cool!! they probably know its the Busa and are excited to see one!! Well guess what...the car in front of you has slammed hard on the breaks, so hard that it looks like the back tires are off the ground and the trunk is eye level!
suspect.gif
They may see us, but when it all comes down to it, they think we do wonders on a bike if they happen to cut into our lane or the freeway, or run a light. I wont even start about riding in the RAIN. when I ride, i take everything in, whose on the cell phone, the old lady in the Buick, the chick putting on makeup, they guy in the ford excursion looking at the chick put on makeup I even keep an eye on the sky, ever had that D#@m dove or that pigeon fly up towards the windscreen?..you never know whom or what will cause chaos! I do all this in a split second, and the rest I use the sixth sense, all bikers have it, its why we are still on the road, its why we smile and think to ourselves, I knew you would do that you freakin idiot!! This may sound stupid, but I imagine myself as a Jedi, fighting the enemy that surrounds me, using the force to predict where the next blast will come from and gracefully deflecting them with my blue lightsaber, and blocking strikes from my opponets every direction! The bike is our lightsaber, it uses speed, brakes, agility, and lights to defend us, but we control it, if we do not concentrate, it will turn against us. just as the lightsaber would if we dont remember to keep it away from our body if we fall while in battle. After all we are soldiers surrounded by the enemy, we have to inspect our gear, helmet, tires,tire pressure, chain, oil, leather, mirrors, and even our health. And we are always learning. Using our mind as a radar picking up everything around us in a huge sphere! this sixth sense is our best protection, we have not metal to protect us, and no seat belts, and definitely no respect. This may seem like paranoha, but if GOD told you he would give you a second chance only if you would be a little more paranoid on your bike, would you take the offer?
lookaround.gif

May the Force be with you

That's a lot to think about. I try to be cognisant of everything that goes on around me as well.

Speaking of coming from the Gym.....not a good idea. I was riding home from the Gym yesterday and realized I had worked my Chest and Tri's a little hard and that made for some shaky riding.

That's a lot to think about.  I try to be cognisant of everything that goes on around me as well.  

Speaking of coming from the Gym.....not a good idea.  I was riding home from the Gym yesterday and realized I had worked my Chest and Tri's a little hard and that made for some shaky riding.
True, I usually use the SUC(sports utility cage) on the chest and tri's day, I learned that the hard way back when I owned a 94gix750, thought I needed a new stering damper! LOL!
muscle.gif

Nicely put. It can be too easy to let ones concentration lapse for a short period of time. Every second can count if something happens. That's definately a good thought to ponder before going out on a ride.

YoungTrump, very well put!!! I think of all those things when I ride. I expect there to be crap in the road, people coming into my lane, cars speeding by, etc...... there is a fine line between being paranoid and just being ready for the unexpected!!!! It's not safe to ride "scared". I get tired of all the stories about accidents and why am I so crazy to ride a motorcycle blah blah blah..... All we can do is be extremely aware and enjoy our bikes to the fullest!!! I can't imagine life without riding...

Thank you for pointing these things out, we all need reminders from time to time!! Ride safe, shiny side up and welcome to the board!!!

LoBusa
biggrin.gif

I actually enjoy myself on the bike when I ride even though I always keep the right index on the brake at ALL times, I just have a very creative imagination. I usually wipe down the bike every two days or after I ride if I know I wont be on for a few days. but sometimes I wipe the bike down in shorts outside the garage on a nice day, and sometimes I hit my shin on the footpeg or hit my knee against the exhaust.....and I am like darn!...that hurts. And it is a reminder of how worst it could be if I dont keep focus with this big bike,  I just try to make it back home the way I left. like a video game, could you play it at a high level and not die once? on a bike you dont get xtra lives. I just hope to never go out on something simple. I am doing something good, I think to myself or else I wouldnt be here watching the Real World Las Vegas. But as a little twist, I can get down when I want, and have done some things that would make my mother faint, tease the Grim Reaper and have blown past cops on the side of the freeway at speeds that lets the officer know his radio will Not outrun the Falcon! In this mode, I operate in Pre-cognition. Besides, why would I buy a bike that could escape a black holes Event Horizon if I did not plan to give it the occassional blast???
afro.gif

YoungTrump, very well put!!!  I think of all those things when I ride.  I expect there to be crap in the road, people coming into my lane, cars speeding by, etc......  there is a fine line between being paranoid and just being ready for the unexpected!!!! It's not safe to ride "scared".   I get tired of all the stories about accidents and why am I so crazy to ride a motorcycle blah blah blah.....  All we can do is be extremely aware and enjoy our bikes to the fullest!!!  I can't imagine life without riding...

Thank you for pointing these things out, we all need reminders from time to time!! Ride safe, shiny side up and welcome to the board!!!

LoBusa
biggrin.gif
Thank you for reading the post LoBusa!!! I am totally smitten to recieve input from you! I have seen many photos of you in the Gallery, your photos are very classic, they always stand out! And it seems like you ride everywhere! I need to start taking more trips myself, but being in Real Estate I have to keep close to laptop, phone & fax
sad.gif
I feel like I just recieved a response from Halle Berry!
jump9.gif

Sergio

Thank you all for reading! Bike riding is linked to evolution in a way because only the Strong and the Smart make it home. You cant stop things from happening, but you can do your part so Mom, aunt Doris, and Gradma wont be fallin out in the front row of the chuuch saying "Laud I toll dat boy dat motosickle  was gone kill em!"
pissed.gif

May the force be with you!

YoungTrump, very well put!!! I think of all those things when I ride. I expect there to be crap in the road, people coming into my lane, cars speeding by, etc...... there is a fine line between being paranoid and just being ready for the unexpected!!!! It's not safe to ride "scared". I get tired of all the stories about accidents and why am I so crazy to ride a motorcycle blah blah blah..... All we can do is be extremely aware and enjoy our bikes to the fullest!!! I can't imagine life without riding...

LoBusa
biggrin.gif
Thank you for reading the post LoBusa!!! I am totally smitten to recieve input from you! I have seen many photos of you in the Gallery, your photos are very classic, they always stand out! And it seems like you ride everywhere! I need to start taking more trips myself, but being in Real Estate I have to keep close to laptop, phone & fax
sad.gif
I feel like I just recieved a response from Halle Berry!
jump9.gif

Sergio
Got me blushing, thank you for the compliment!!!

jump9.gif
jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

Back