Filtering on your Bus...

BoostCreep

Registered
I've always wondered (for those who live in lane splitting legal areas), do you ever have issues lane splitting a Hayabusa due to the size or do you feel as comfortable filtering on a little 600cc or smaller as you do this bike? I can only imagine some of the larger Harleys and Goldwings.

We can lane filter here in the UK.:thumbsup:

I've had no problems doing it, and the Busa was fine at the low speeds, and the size of the bike didn't make any difference to any other bike I've rode.
I've got a 14 minute video of me doing it when I got stuck in a traffic jam.

Living in the only state where splitting is legal, I rarely do so. Mainly because people are crazy and will intentionally move in on you to prevent you from "filtering" past them. The only time I will split a lane is if traffic is stopped or moving very slowly. It is very possible on the busa. In fact, I see people on Harleys and Goldwings splitting lanes all of the time and if they can fit, so can a busa which is not as wide as a Goldwing.

Holy, legal or not I don't think I would have the balls to do that, what if you were passing a guy that just walked in on a biker nailing his wife, then jumped in his car and saw you coming up behind him and put on a squeeze play with you being the peanut butter, or just simply pure road rage that didn't want you to pass.....
Let me ask you guys that do this regularly have any of you had a run in with someone who didn't want to let you pass?? And who would be responsible for any damage to either vehicle if there were some paint swapping while doing this??

Holy, legal or not I don't think I would have the balls to do that, what if you were passing a guy that just walked in on a biker nailing his wife, then jumped in his car and saw you coming up behind him and put on a squeeze play with you being the peanut butter, or just simply pure road rage that didn't want you to pass.....
Let me ask you guys that do this regularly have any of you had a run in with someone who didn't want to let you pass?? And who would be responsible for any damage to either vehicle if there were some paint swapping while doing this??

On my way home from the '11 bash I ran into traffic in the middle of nowhere PA and wasn't in the mood to clutch in and.out for the next hour, so up the middle I went at about 10mph. A dump truck ahead didn't seem to appreciate my idea and moved to block me, I slowed, moved over to the other lane (white lines) and continued on my way past him. I was sire to wave :laugh:

So yeah, it happens, seems the trick it to get it done before they see you. Nothing they can do about it once your past them.

We were about a mile from our exit when traffic just locked down. we started up the shoulder on the right. Were going very slow. We came up beside a 18 wheeler who did not want us to pass, this idiot came over on a buddy of mine forcing him into the grass. I jumped back over to his left and went around but he really could have killed one of us.

Theres a fine line between bravery and stupidity.I think it takes a fool to pull that move.do us both a favor and dont try that next to my peterbuilt.

Most cagers in California know it's legal, so they just shrug their shoulders and carry on. If they make an intentional maneuver to block, they'll get a ticket from a Lawman right quick. It's rare, but we just smile and get around them.

Most cagers in California know it's legal, so they just shrug their shoulders and carry on. If they make an intentional maneuver to block, they'll get a ticket from a Lawman right quick. It's rare, but we just smile and get around them.

Is it just me or did it look like they saw you coming and move over a little to let you pass? I must admit it would be nice to filter in seattle when the 405 becomes a parking lot. I am just happy I can use the car pool lane on the bike.

Thats exactly what Im talking about your ultimately betting your life their gunna let you thru , if they see you, I wonder how many great bikers get killed a year doing this. Probably not a lot but one would be to many!!!!! Although lookin at that video again your not doing 80mph I might be trying to get all the sand out of my p$% $^$ maybe its not as dangerous as im making it out to be. But I do know a lot of truckers that just as soon see you lowside under their rig then let you pass!!! And ironically the majority of them drive petes haha. No offense to you pete boys. I got mad respect for you over the road guys, you boys deal with a lot of bull**** on the roads....

Yes, in that video I used my "Jedi Mind Tricks" to part the ways for me. :laugh:

This is my regular peeps I commute with every day, so they've gotten to know me and show respect. I give them a wave if they move over for me. Sometimes I like to believe they move just to get a wave from me. :thumbsup:

Thats exactly what Im talking about your ultimately betting your life their gunna let you thru , if they see you, I wonder how many great bikers get killed a year doing this. Probably not a lot but one would be to many!!!!! Although lookin at that video again your not doing 80mph I might be trying to get all the sand out of my p$% $^$ maybe its not as dangerous as im making it out to be. But I do know a lot of truckers that just as soon see you lowside under their rig then let you pass!!! And ironically the majority of them drive petes haha. No offense to you pete boys. I got mad respect for you over the road guys, you boys deal with a lot of bull**** on the roads....

Don't get me wrong. Lane sharing is not fun. It's a split second away from pain and possibly death. We do it because we can, but don't do it all the time.

There have been days that I don't feel the mojo, so I just chill. I've had a few near misses, and they suck. My commute is 13 miles one way. On the Busa, it's 20 minutes with lane sharing. Without (or taking the car), it 50 minutes due to gridlock.

Our freeways in the Bay Area are very congested during the commute, and if there is an accident, Forgetaboutit!!!

Theres a fine line between bravery and stupidity.I think it takes a fool to pull that move.do us both a favor and dont try that next to my peterbuilt.

So trying to seriously injure or kill a rider that is passing illegally is okay? Guess I didn't get that memo.

I have ridden the shoulder here 2 times because the highway was locked up. I was going a whole 10mph so it wasnt bad. The one time it was because of an accident, I went till I could see why and the stopped and chilled for 30 minutes. By the time it cleared I had 2 other bikes parked behind and I got to bull**** with 2 old guys. It was a fun time

I've been in trucking all my life. Truckers nowadays drivers don't seem to realize what a truck can do to a bike. I always let a bike go by. On the shoulder or in a lane. I don't like them behind me where I can lose sight of them

Never said I would try to hurt anyone. Thats the point, i dont want to live with blood on my hands because some one is stupid enuff to do this. you ever drive an 18wheeler?:poke: Im not a frigging robot, I make mistakes, all it takes is one and your dead meat and Im on the news for killing a biker mabey facing man slauter charges. 17 1/2 years and over 1.5 million miles safe driver ATA NO I DONT TRY TO HURT PEOPLE ON THE DAM ROAD
So trying to seriously injure or kill a rider that is passing illegally is okay? Guess I didn't get that memo.

Back