Filling and Checking Coolant Tank

Benesesso

Registered
Looks like I have to remove the left side fairing to check the coolant level in the tank. Has anyone figured out how to do this without removing the fairing?

Shouldn't have to. You can see the level in the overflow bottle without removing the fairing. You can even fill it by using a long funnel; just pull the fairing away from the frame slightly to remove the cap.

Shouldn't have to.  You can see the level in the overflow bottle without removing the fairing.  You can even fill it by using a long funnel; just pull the fairing away from the frame slightly to remove the cap.
I just did this and the manual explains pretty much what onslaw says above. the manual shows you what fairing fastener you need to remove so that you can pull the fairing away enough to fill the tank. You don't have to remove it.

Here's why I asked. I just bought this 1999 Busa, my first. Rode it home and realized I needed to change the gearing from what the prev. owner had. So I pulled the left fairing off (with help from this forum) and noticed the coolant tank.

I didn't realize how much of it is visible with the fairing in place. Now that it's all back together I see how easy it is to see the level.

Back