filibuster busted before it was even started

chrisjp

GM of Haya's in the Hills
Donating Member
Registered
and so far...this is only link im finding with the details of the bill being proposed

Proposed Federal Gun Legislation SB649 - American Gun Owners Alliance

i dont like the 7 days in household rule...what if you go on 2 week vacation!!.. or the just accused of a crime in past 20 years part...or any controlled substance ( controlled by who...feds or state)...ect ect...

Last edited by a moderator:
So I don't understand 'it's gonna close the gun show loophole but protect and not prevent private sales.'
???
How's that work? I thought the private sales at gun shows was the loophole?
No more private sales at gun shows, or what?

So I don't understand 'it's gonna close the gun show loophole but protect and not prevent private sales.'
???
How's that work? I thought the private sales at gun shows was the loophole?
No more private sales at gun shows, or what?

The devil is going to be in the details when the next version comes out but I completely agree it really makes no sense at all.

We already have background checks for any sale through an FFL, whether they are at a show or in their store. Most states also require ALL handgun sales to go through a background check even if it's a private sale. Also federal law requires ANY gun being shipped from state to state go to an FFL where the person receiving it has to go through a background check.

'Long gun' sales are excluded in many state when it's a face to face sale and a few (very few) allow handgun sales to happen with a check in private sales.

The law (as usual) is a lot of smoke and mirrors as it stands right now, basically regulating something that is already regulated. Now what they add to it during the debate is the scary part.

BTW, here the existing laws per state on private transfers: Private Firearm Transfer Laws - American Gun Owners Alliance

And the most important thing about this exercise ........ criminals don't follow the law :whistle:

With any luck it is a "non event" and appeases some progressives and they move on to some other nanny issue. In my experience however, the little bit of blood in the water just excites the sharks more though.

With any luck it is a "non event" and appeases some progressives and they move on to some other nanny issue. In my experience however, the little bit of blood in the water just excites the sharks more though.
Oh and lets not forget how bad it really is out there and it's fun trying to infringe the rights of legal citizens and all , oh I kill myself. How are those economic indicators peeps ......... what ? No one knows :laugh:

Tennessee Alexander and Corker flipped and voted yea...I've already written them and let them know what I think about their decision. They'll not get my vote on the next election...

So I had the time to read this Toomey-Manchin amendment today, this so-called compromise?

Yeah right!

No private sales (except to family) without a background check.

$100,000 a year to try and persuade states to report properly (an update to the never completely funded 2007 NICS improvement act)

And a new commission to determine the definition of mentally incompetent as well as to study mass violence.

Compromise my butt!

Back