Figuring out Best Parts for Hayabusa Mods

PDonovan33

Registered
I am moving onto my 3rd Busa, and finally got a 2nd Gen. I am doing some basics to the bike, and want to get some opinions:

Lowering: On my last bike i had a roaring toyz triple tree, and it cleared the fairing with no issues. I see a lot of people going between bushings and lowering triple trees, but is there a brand that fits the best? Or is it the best idea to go for a spring replacement in the forks? I am basically looking to come down an inch, with as little issues with clearance as possible, and maintain a somewhat decent ride quality.

Brocks Alien head: The bike came with some voodoo slash cuts, but i am not a fan, and i am replacing with Brocks. The bike came with pcV with autotune, which i thought was only for 09-newer models? Would i have to weld a bung in the exhaust to be able to attach the autotune? Does the Alien head come with a 0(2) sensor slot already?

I also am looking for any recommendations of shops to go to for my laundry list of parts. I am currently deployed to Afghanistan, so it would have to be a online retailer. Any help would be appreciated it. Thanks

Welcome aboard, it would help if you left us with the laundry list of parts you are looking to buy so we can point you in the right direction. Thank you for your service :beerchug:

Here is the list of what i was looking for, and hopefully can get it all at one place:

Adjustable rear lowering links
Black 3-6" extension kit, Chain, Chainguard(no engraving)
White Halo Kit
Brocks Alien Head full Exhaust(thermal Black)
Adjustable Kickstand
Galfer wave front and rear rotors & pads
x-tre
Front end lowering(bushings, triple tree, or fork springs;whatever maintains best ride, and no fairing clearance issues)
Stainless steel brake lines(front & rear)

:welcome: to the org. The soupys lowering block works good and looks factory.

Here is the list of what i was looking for, and hopefully can get it all at one place:

Adjustable rear lowering links
Black 3-6" extension kit, Chain, Chainguard(no engraving)
White Halo Kit
Brocks Alien Head full Exhaust(thermal Black)
Adjustable Kickstand
Galfer wave front and rear rotors & pads
x-tre
Front end lowering(bushings, triple tree, or fork springs;whatever maintains best ride, and no fairing clearance issues)
Stainless steel brake lines(front & rear)

how low are you wanting to go? that will determine how to lower the front. anything over 1" (which isnt reccomended on the gen2) will have to be a top clamp or top triple tree replacement. most of the fairing clearance problems are lever specific. stay away from fp tactical if you are gen2.

alien head does come with a wideband o2 bung welded on just got to do a little cutting.

you will want to replace the rear coil with the stretch.

all prob could be had at one place, but shop around and getting it from a couple can save a couple dimes.

brocks direct offers the board a discount.

goldenchild, pashnit, ballzmotorsports, streetntrack, and ryan schnitz can get you hooked up. all are board sponsors and have great prices.

Back