figure 8s

ok, so the license road test won't be difficult after around a month of riding or so?

In short, YES. Highly recommend attending an MSF course, learn the basics and good habits early on which will definitely save your life many times over later on.
NOTE: my personal best save to date: emergency brake while making a decreasing radius turn....on a 2-lane road next to a cliff.

jesus, well i guess you need to perform a figure 8 with it in order to get your liscence, i don't have a liscense and havnt road any bikes besides a minibike & BMX bikes down the street... so I would like to ride a month or so & get used to MY bike then attempt the liscense road test.

if allowed to do so, go to your DMV's testing lot and practice on their figure 8 course. meanwhile, lots on youtube like this beginner practicing on a 600cc bike:

earlier, I mentioned practice and experience will help you ride better :whistle:

If you take an MSF course (highly recommended) it counts as your riding test. You only need to take the card to the DMV and take the written portion. 2 birds 1 stone kinda thing...

Same here, take the course and then you just will have to take the written at the DMV.

Same here, take the course and then you just will have to take the written at the DMV.

you guys can take your MSF course first then go for your written test? ???

here in PA you have to take your computer/written test first, then you get your learners permit in the mail and then you can sign up for the MSF course. Once you pass the MSF course you have a valid class M license.

Here you can get a permit by doing written test, ride for one year no passengers with a full licensed driver on their own bike. Pretty cool let's you get familiar in real time riding. Just don't get caught alone with a permit.

you guys can take your MSF course first then go for your written test? ???

here in PA you have to take your computer/written test first, then you get your learners permit in the mail and then you can sign up for the MSF course. Once you pass the MSF course you have a valid class M license.

In VA, at least when I got mine 10+ years ago, you could take the MSF course, had to pass, and take that certification to the DMV. All you had left was the written and you would get your M endorsement...

In New Mexico, You take the MSF and they give you the test. Then you get your motorcycle endorsement. No need to test at the DMV!

Has anyone done or seen it done on a 4" stretch? I'm having to take the MSF sportbike rider course when I get back from Afghanistan. Army requirment. Not complaing cuz I want to do that class anyway, but my last bike was a Gsxr 1000 and I bought the Busa since I been gone. No ride time on it yet. I have a feeling its going to be interesting.

when i first seen this thread topic , i thought you were talking about figure 8 burnouts........my bad

use to do them on my dirtbikes

Back