FI Question...

Dakkine2

Donating Member
Registered
Just installed Jeff W's TRE. The JSD 3 that preserves the neutral map. Anyway, I did a decent high speed run, to about 140 or so, shifting out of first right at 11,000 rpm. Got a little bit into third and backed off. While the engine was doing most of the braking for me, the bike just shuts off and the FI light is blinking. So I get it to a stop and turn the key off, then turn it back on. Fires right up, no FI light or any problems for the rest of the day. So my 2 questions are
1. Does anyone have an idea what could have caused this? And
2. Does the FI code stay stored in the computer?
Thanks in advance for any help.

I cant say from sure as to why the FI light popped up.... !!!

...but from what I get to understand, the busa does not have a memory that stores the FI codes. I suggest you talk to the people who sold you the TRE... they should be having an answer!

Make sure you have connected the TRE to the right harness. There is another harness that is the exact same size and will trigger the "FI" light when connected to.
smile.gif

Make sure you have connected the TRE to the right harness. There is another harness that is the exact same size and will trigger the "FI" light when connected to.
smile.gif
It's connected to the correct side. I think if you connect it on the other you will get an Fi light upon start up. I'm waiting on a reply from the seller. Thanks.

Back