FI Lights

busafred06

Registered
coming home Friday my bike started to jerk a lot and the FI light went on so this weekend I'd jump the 2 wires to get the codes but there were none, so I removed the filter and air box (modified) noticed my k&n filter was dirty so I cleaned it now the vent hose that's behind the air box and connects to the top of the engine is clogged I removed and cleaned it (sludge like oil and water mix) but were the hose connect to the top of the engine looks clogged up any idea how to clean or how to remove all this crap.thanks, fred

Carefully, that's the case breather I think you're talking about. Clean it out and then change the oil and filter.

Once you turn the bike off the codes are erased. So you need to run the bike around for awhile in dealer mode with the jumper in and see what happens.

Personally , I buy a bike and on the way home it throws an FI , I'm riding straight back to the seller and getting my money back.

You should not have oil in the airbox. This probably means trouble. After all it's not a new ZX-14.

dadofthree, your exactly right i live in san francisco bay area and ride in the fog and HEAVY mist (its almost light rain) so i think its going into my intake system a nd causing the sludges. i was thinking of putting a small crankcase breather element on the crankcase and let the hose from the airbox just hang so any water gets in it'll drain and i am the original owner bought in new in '07. thanks everyone for the quick response, fred

The bike is designed for rain. The RAM air tubes have low points from memory and the airbox has two small green cups to catch moisture and allow you to drain moisture. I get caught in the rain all the time, deluge not mist or fog and I've never found oil in my airbox.

Not being a smartazz but you need to PM gixerhp or goldenchild and see what they think about your situation.

Back