FI light

NICE N EASY

Registered
Fellahs,
would appreciate your thoughts.
Have a stock 03 Busa with @ 13k miles. Just recently, started getting engine check and fi error messages. Weekend before last, went to start the bike, fi light came on when I went to turn on the ignition. Turned  it off, it went away and I restarted the bike. During my ride as I was approaching an uphill left hand turn, she dies completely, fi light comes on, I coast to a stop. I waited a while and after a few attempts was able to restart and returned home. I scheduled an appointment with the dealer since I have an extended service contract. However, this past weekend, I go to start the bike, again I get the fi message again, the same drill. This time after riding for @ 2 hours, I'm heading home and she dies on me repeatedly. She dies after travelling variable distances, I wait a few seconds and she restarts, it didn't matter whether I kept the rpm's high or low or what gear I was in.  I ride the bike to dealership before the appointment and leave it there. They roadtest it are unable to duplicate the problem nor are they able to access any error codes.. Suzuki Tech thinks the ECU is failing when it get's hot. The only electrical mod I did was to install a Scorpio alarm @ 2 years ago, Initially on the fuel pump relay side but then I switched it over to the Ignition. Other  than this recent issue, the bike has been rock solid. Any ideas would be appreciated.
Thank you,
Rafael,
NICE N  EASY
wow.gif

I'm not sure what to tell you but if you follow my link it will show you how to check for trouble codes.

Remove the ignition kill, You may be loosing too much voltage through the ignition kill causing the bike to be killed! Thats where I would start!

(05BusaLe @ May 09 2007,21:03) Remove the ignition kill, You may be loosing too much voltage through the ignition kill causing the bike to be killed! Thats where I would start!
+1

Well, that sounds reasonable. But, I've had the alarm for 2 yesrs wo any problems. Why now? I advised the dealership but they doubt that it's the alarm. Thanks.

Back